Complete beginner - Kettering

Na, send in Hannibal, he’ll figure out how to get it!.cos, BA “ain’t flyin’ on no plane”

1 Like

Here’s the drop

And the resting place

I actually want to thank you @Njoro. Firstly for letting me launch my whoop from your inspire on the next meet. And secondly for volunteering to use it to pull a sleigh and reindeers at christmas. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi Colin,
From one old boy to another in exactly the same position, the DJI Mavic Air fills my needs, i don’t want it to fly 1000’s of meters away from me, i just want it to take decent quality aerial photos.
Might i suggest rather that buy goggles you consider the Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses?
That’s the route i am thinking of going down, the main reason being that you are able to fly the drone without having to have an observer along.
Regards
Alan

Regars Alan

WOW! Do they do what I think they do? Augmented reality?

Went out with Njoro this morning for a try out unfortunately too much wind for me to fly his mavic but was given an impressive display of its capabilities and ease of control. It would meet my needs, the best deals I can see online are all around £1,000 new, are used worth considering and what are the pitfalls.

2 Likes

Not sure if this one is still for sale : Everything must go

Hello Alan,thanks for the response your glasses idea sounds interesting would like tohear how you get on.

@oldboy I’ll just highlight something here after our morning meet up, you said you’d love to FPV and although the BT-300 might mean you don’t need a spotter you’ll struggle to use them with your PC flight simulator whereas the DJI RE will take a feed off your PC HDMI for that cockpit enclosed feeling you were talking about which also means you can also watch movies.

2 Likes

Thanks very much for for this morning very useful, I think you are right about the glasses, I had a look at them online and think you would end up with a not one thing or the other view

2 Likes

The Epson Moverio BT-300 are getting great reviews on Youtube, with the Google’s you are blind too what is going on around you. From what I read, if the glasses are fitted correctly you have VLOS with the drone and can see what’s going on around you

@awsan5 do you own a pair?

:rofl: It’s a good job I knew what was being talked about.

1 Like

:rofl::joy:

1 Like

:blush:

1 Like

No not yet but will do before the end of summer

I’ve never tried them and don’t know anyone nearby that has them as I’d like to try them…

1 Like

Ditto!

This might interest you : DJI Mavic Pro Platinum - Fly More Combo Plus