DJI Avata FPV Cinewhoop - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

it has N mode… land there… heh. Did once try to catch my 5 inch FPV from a hover… not good. lol probably be OK with the avata… kind of like the idea of this drone, and £500 drone only (have the controller and goggles)… but then again blinking batteries, still only have 2 for my DJI FPV!

I’ll get used to it👍. I’ll take loads of whatever concoctions the missus has in the cupboard for it if I have to😁. It might just be I was knackered, I had a welding lid on for most of the day. I’ll see anyways.

Just seen on twitter :thinking:

Sound up for this one

Absolutely, no disagreement with that here.

I didn’t advocate anything but of course, I don’t see any downside in more aircraft having EC capabilities.

4 Likes

Free FCC hack released today

Nice one, thanks for the link👍. Do yer know if anyone’s give it a whirl yet?

Ian has now done a back to back comparison of signal range with a Mini 3 - Interesting how the Mini 3 image goes blocky all at once, but the Avata starts going blurred at the edge of the image first as the Mbps rate drops - seems the software is giving priority to the centre of the image

1 Like

Ady thanks for volunteering to be our beta tester :wink::grin:

Haha, guess where I’ve just been​:grin::grin::grin:. I couldn’t resist! I’m that kind of impulsive person :wink:.
Anyway, it works a treat. So simple as well, just pop it on your SD card.
I tried it on one of my normal test fields and there’s a spot where I know CE just doesn’t cut it, and the other night the Avata failed miserably.
From the car perk, there’s 100m before tall trees, then a haulage yard behind, which is around 100m,then more tall trees. Beyond that is the rest of the field which dips 10m at the far end. That’s 500m away.Flying height was 1.5/2m.So behind all that and going down the dip, I was still getting 2 bars, down to 30mbps transmission. Marvellous.
It normally drops off at 300m and goes onto red bars.
That’ll do me fine sir😁. Thanks for that👍 Don’t mind being the Guinea pig…

3 Likes

Confirmed Working by Ady :+1: Fill ya boots Avata flyers :grinning:

Going to give it a proper good old test, probably when the rain has done one. I’ll take it back to the site I was at the other night, I got a RTH at 125m at 20m height🤔! But going off the flight tonight, it’ll crack it no probs👍

1 Like

Don’t forget you can buy them a coffee :wink:

Coffee bought :+1:and would of thrown a couple of chokky bikkies aswell, but there was no button…

1 Like

This may have been mentioned in this very long thread? Mad’s Tech last nite YT was showing a free to download FCC for the Avatar… And it works, also covers the older V2 goggles and the fpv Drone. Have a look if that’s your bag! Not posted a link as I always get it wrong!

:wink:

1 Like

Ah! Sorry… The Avatar is not my thing :grin:

I have now been caught out twice by a 4 minute (20%) low battery warning with an immediate RTH using my Avata - in the second case (and before I could react to stop it) the drone rose up into branches of a tree and careered through them towards the trunk, hit that and fell to the ground. Fortunately no damage done except to my nerves
I doubt that there is a parameter to change this though I shall check obviously. But perhaps be careful when the battery approaches 20% remaining

Other than that - what a fantastic experience flying the Avata is :slight_smile:

I wonder if DJI has any plans to make the Avata compatible with the RC controller (of Mini 3 Pro fame) ??? Could this be the reason DJI only include the Motion Controller in a any of the Avata bundles ??? Could it also explain why the Avata has 2 types of electronic stabilisation - Rock Steady and Horizon Steady. Rock Stead is obvious but why would you want Horizon Steady on an FPV drone - any camera drone covers that requirement ??
Using the (Mini 3 Pro) RC controller would allow people to use the Avata without goggles and that all important legal requirement of a spotter - the one thing that puts me off FPV drones.

Any thoughts ---------------

1 Like

FYI Avata Firmware update @group-dji-avata

In-case anyone wants to know, the new Avata firmware released within the last 24 hrs comes with its very first ARB jump in the name of “optimising flight safety”, no other features were added

2 Likes