DJI Avata FPV Cinewhoop - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

I’m holding out for Avata Pro, rendition which mybe more like a professional drone……:crossed_fingers:

I agree with you on RTH, one should be able to override it as needs be.

Cheers wayne👍. I was only looking yesterday, and was thinking one maybe due. I’m not really one for updating religiously, if it hasn’t something on it that makes MY experience better for what I use it for, then it’s not going on, if it ain’t broke don’t try to fix it👍.
My hope is that they can change the descent speed so the thing dives slightly better than it does using the M contr.
Oh…and compatability with the RC pro…but I don’t think that’s gonna come anytime soon😕

1 Like

The problem will be if they stop the FCC hack

Best waiting till others have tested it :wink:

With the ARB bump you can’t go back :scream:

Exactly, that’s another reason. ‘optimising flight safety’ could be a blag way of tying up loose ends in their code, so any hacks won’t work🤔.

1 Like

I decided to use a jailbreak to get FCC mode on my Avata - the hack I found is remarkably quick and easy (on YouTube) - simply create a no extension zero file titled ham_cfg_support and then pop it onto the root directory of the SD card for the goggles - fire up the drone, controller and goggles - and hey presto :slight_smile:
I just gave it a quick run-out and still had maximum bars beyond 1500 feet and behind trees - so it does appear to work fine…previously I began to gradually lose video transmission at around 1000 feet in the same place

It is the B3YOUND hack, see above

1 Like

No it’s this one

1 Like

It was done by these guys first, it’s a rip-off!

Edit: no I am wrong the Quadmula did release it first and the B3yond guys used it :smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the very late reply. Basically a lot more than the Avata. I’m running the Ghost long range radio system on it so I’ll run out of battery long before I run out of radio range.

1 Like

I applied the Avata FCC hack to my DJI FPV, took under a minute.

1. Create an empty file called “ham_cfg_support” (no extension and 0 bytes)

1. Copy it to your DJI goggles SD card
  2. Turn the goggles on
  3. In the menu, change Transmission > Channel Mode to Manual

If the hack has worked, you will see at least 3 channels now available

This has certainly increased the range of mine.

Full vid here.

1 Like

Not got the videos off yet but first day of flying crashed it 3 times with the first battery. :rofl:

One of them was into a tree and it lodged its self.
Put it into turtle mode and it fell out of the tree. Zero damage apart from some marks that rubbed off :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Just to confirm that this hack is now applied to my Avata too. Will test later today.

I tried the same hack with my spare FPV Drone, and while the number of available channels on 5GHz increased I didn’t measure any increase in the power output.

1 Like

If you read through the comments even the group that came up with the zero byte hack said they didn’t think it would work with the FPV Drone.

1 Like

Later today turned out to be lunchtime tomorrow (today) :thinking:

I nipped out on my lunchbreak and the hack seems to have improved things quite a bit. Before, the signal was breaking up around 200m (650’). Whereas today, I flew it over 1.5km (5000’) without any signal loss. It could have easily gone a lot further, but the battery had reached 50%, so I turned around.

Caveat - this only really tests the range, not the penetration. I hope to head back out after work to the same spot. There is a bunch of trees about 25m from the bench I sit at, which caused a major drop out every time on my first few flights (without the FCC hack). I’ll give those another bash and see if that’s improved.

1 Like

I did the hack above on my v2 goggles I can’t say I know for sure as I have never flown it without the hack.
Sunday I went over 1000m and I had full signal strength at that distance so I figure it has worked as others are struggling 250m

Actually I did go 1250m and I was behind a massive tree line following a guy on a quad. I lost reception when I dropped it down behind the trees for about 15-20 seconds as I stood up and pointed my goggles and my motion controller towards the drone.

The nest time I am out I will put the RF Meter over the drone when I set it flying as the signal is in low power until it takes off.

Great to hear! :+1: I had no FCC hack for 3 days, so I can tell it is significant improvement.

Yes, this is what I’ve seen in many of the vids on the Avata, including @ianinlondon’s vid. Signal drops between 200 - 300 metres.

1 Like

FYI … Atti mode does work on the Avata, but with a catch.

Same process as any other DJI drone by using Drone Hacks > Advanced Parameters. But this time I repurposed Normal mode … as there isn’t a Tripod / Cine mode.

The catch(es):

1. It will only work with the FPV controller, not the Motion Controller.
  2. Even using the FPV controller, if your mode is set to Normal on startup, it won’t go into Atti mode, despite binding Atti mode to that in DH. Instead it will be Normal mode. It is only when you toggle the mode switch to Sport or Manual, and then back to Normal … will it enter Atti mode.

Just need some wind now, and see if Atti mode can beat Manual mode’s 60 mph cap :laughing:

1 Like

Looks like @ianinlondon is having fun with his …