DJI Avata FPV Cinewhoop - Rumours, leaks, gossip and general discussion

Tried Atti mode in 25 mph winds (36 mph gusts), could only get around 45 mph out of her. So flicked into manual and she went like the clappers :scream:

1 Like

Need manual mode for the other DJI drones :smirk:

New DJI Transmission Released (12/7/2022)

DJI has stated on Twitter that they have released a new firmware for the Avata but the link is incorrect :scream:

See post above :point_up_2:

I canā€™t find any more info :scream: no links etc

Did this firmware update - the 10 bit picture looks nice!

• but I can no longer find EIS in the menu to change rocksteady/horizon lock - am using V2 Goggles

Has anyone else had this - or am I missing something?

What firmware are the goggles

A link to Doboā€™s breakdown of the above mentioned f/w update if anyoneā€™s interested.

Tbh it doesnā€™t really do it for me this update. Iā€™m staying as I am. Happy :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

I still canā€™t find EIS in the menu to change rocksteady/horizon lock - am using V2 Goggles - latest firmware 01.06.00.00. Updated 12/01/23 - Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers!

Thereā€™s 2 ways to access the menus to the camera settings, donā€™t know whether you know.

The first one is swipe up on the touch pad and scroll left and keep scrolling itā€™s should be there. When I first used this method I didnā€™t know you could carry on scrollein. DohšŸ¤Ŗ

OR, swipe right to bring up the main menu, the general settings should be there, and scroll down to camera, enter that and EIS should be accessible.

Remember you canā€™t be in UltraWide FOV to change EIS, itā€™s on automatically and canā€™t be changed. I donā€™t know whether the EIS option is accessible if your in this mode.

The only FOV mode that Iā€™ve changed it in is Wide. Never bothered with normal.

Iā€™m on September fw by the way, so I couldnā€™t tell you if it has changed with any updates :thinking:.

Hope this helps. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Leylo1971

Iā€™m using V2 goggles, so thereā€™s no touchpad - But I did manage to fix it though, by resetting camera parameters. It must have been a conflicting setting somewhere (maybe FOV) as EIS had gone from the menu - but it has now reappeared!

Cheers : )

Sorry my bad, I always automatically think of the set up I useā€‹:crazy_face:. Glad you got it sorted though :+1:.

@group-dji-avata

3 Likes

Cheers waynešŸ‘

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this - incredible range! The downside is that these antennas are not omnidirectional, so it would mean having to keep turning to face the drone - I can stand quite happily wearing the goggles but not sure about moving around with them on

I was thinking itā€™s only a matter of time before we see antenna upgrades like we did for earlier versions.

Youā€™d think omnidirectional options will come in time.

Itā€™s great that there is an option to upgrade as always.

Tbh though, I really am quite happy with the stock antennas. At the weekend I was inside a shopping centre taking footage (all legit BTW), and never lost signal while going behind objects or concrete walls and all kinds of interference going on.

So I think Iā€™ll stick :grin:.

Thanks for the info as always WaynešŸ‘

2 Likes

Was just notified by UMT that one has come in, so just bought it :+1:

4 Likes

In regards to the two google types available with the Avata, are the Proā€™s a must over the V2ā€™s?

Iā€™ve watched that many reviews on YT, and there appears to be quite a few who prefer the V2ā€™s