DJI GO4 app crashing when trying to update firmware

Yeah I don’t think it’s the drone that’s why it’s doing my head in. It’s just turns off when I connect to drone. Am thinking the new iOS update are not in sync with dji go 4 but not sure. I had to use different cable to try on my iPad Pro

1 Like

Are you iOS 13.2.2 ?

Someone else had the app crashing on drone connect … whilst on holiday in France … can’t recall who or the outcome. I’ll do some searching.

3 Likes

Yes 13.2.2

wasn’t it @colinbm ?
oops no!, wrong again, keep taking the pills Chris !

1 Like

This was the thread. It was a Mavic Pro, but the symptoms were similar.
Unfortunately, it seemed to cure itself when he got home.

Ha. Yeah. Just found myself. Remembered “Pyrenees” to search for. :wink:

1 Like

I’d literally just read the thread as I’d remembered something similar

1 Like

Have you tried clearing the apps data and cash in iphone settings for that app? Failing that delete and reinstall?

Cable…? :rofl:

Not sure what other cable to use as only one goes with my phone. Do I need to buy another

Any charging cable will do, use the bottom connector on the RC

3 Likes

Yeah I had this problem. As soon as the Mav connected to the RC it shut down the app. Very weird, seemed to have something to do with Mav GPS because it worked OK inside, and when I left the area (pyrenees) all was dandy. Oh and something else to try, put phone in airplane mode to shut out external influences.

2 Likes

@Phil23, do same symptoms happen inside?

Tried different cable didn’t work. But Tom yes I am inside but put it on airplane mode mite of worked. App is staying on so hopefully that has sorted it but will I be able to fly with airplane mode on

2 Likes

Yup!

1 Like

I often do that to make sure I don’t get a phone call mid manouveur. Anyone else has that happen? Bloody annoying

Thats what DND is for ;o)

1 Like

I think that might of sorted It thank you I love this group and thank you all for taking you time to help. Hopefully I will be uploading some footage this weekend :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes