DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

It was working on Android.

1 Like

18511825dfd17a6aa8f6977c09aec946

3 Likes

Thanks, definitely not buying a new phone for it, though. Iā€™ll keep an eye on it, going to see if I can take steps to replicate the issue first. Thinking back Iā€™d just hit the hardware button to switch to photo mode, then while the warning was up telling me that it was still recording I hit the button to stop the recording and thatā€™s when the app apparently crashed. Iā€™m happier knowing that it was always going to be a recoverable situation, though.

Iā€™d never go as far as saying that, but they mainly do come back

3 Likes

Remember you donā€™t need a phone or app to fly so if the app crashes, no need to panic; itā€™s the remote that controls the drone; the phone just adds visuals :slight_smile:
If it goes qwrong, thatā€™s what a 3 second press on the RTH button on the remote is for and it will make its way back.
The fly app is quite heavy duty; it needs 64 bit Android phone to work at all;

Cheers
Ian

3 Likes

I bought a extra years cover on my mini DJI sent a email offering it about a month ago my first years cover runs out in May , so I took them up on the offer.

1 Like

Just went out and had a good hours flying with this, keeping it over dry land and nearby while I build confidence. Happily could not get any issues to show up with the app again at all despite trying every combination of steps that made it crash last time. Although I did uninstall, reboot my phone and reinstall it last night so perhaps that helped. Also the connection and video remained decently solid even at 500m when I purposely blocked the controller with my body. More than enough range for me.

Coming from flying planes and fpv race/freestyle type quads etc. itā€™s a bit odd to get used to. Iā€™m not a great passenger and this feels a lot more like just giving directions than actually doing the flying. But Iā€™m starting to love it being able to focus on being a cameraman and knowing that the drone can fly itself. Very impressed by this tiny machine, looking forward to taking it out hiking and stuff.

5 Likes

Regarding the Blades. Screw sizes are different. Be careful.

1 Like

Posted wrong link!

Mini 2 vs Mavic 2 Pro 4K video comparison

Thanks Ian I didnā€™t know that. It might just save my bacon one day :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up mate. Maybe theyā€™ll release some upgraded blades for the mini 1 now.
I am leaning towards the mini 2 though. People seem very happy with it.

Best news yet, the Snap Adapter is compatible with Mini 1 and 2. Thatā€™s one unused add-on I bought for the Mini 1 that will remain unused a while longer :rofl:

2 Likes

What even was that thing? I looked on the DJI site and Iā€™m still none the wiser. You can stick Lego men on it? What?

1 Like

Lego & a small illuminated screen you can write messages on.

As I type this I wonder why ā€¦

Youā€™d probably then have to register it being over 250g. :rofl:

Registered the day I got the Mini although itā€™s not something Iā€™m likely to use outside unless itā€™s absolutely no wind. Adding a sail to the Mini isnā€™t a good idea :joy:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what I did with my iPhone 7 Plus, it kept turning the volume down because I used a case so I flipped it 180 degrees and problem solved, the cable just reaches and no offset phone, works fine. I note that one of the earlier posts was using an otterbox case, I doubt many phone holders will tolerate one of those because they are so chunky !?

1 Like

4 Likes

Donā€™t put it down in the grass, youā€™ll never find it again.

3 Likes

New tactic to deal with Drone police, head to toe camo

3 Likes