DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

Damn!

Thatā€™s why keep hold of the MPā€™s

Not encountered one myself yet, where were you ?

Yeah, badly too.

Recent thread with examples / screenshots: Interesting observation re 150m height limit

1 Like

:shushing_face:

The limit is valid I guess. Just never encountered that before.

My RTH was set above 60m so that wouldā€™ve been an issue. Does it return home at the limited altitude or just hover at the limit sending warning messages?

Just had a moment with my Mini 2. Was happily flying around over an empty golf course and decided to stop the video and take a photo. But the moment I pressed the shoulder button on the controller to stop the video the app crashed to a black screen. It resumed by itself a few seconds later, briefly showing connect aircraft then a few moments later reconnected, the video came back and all was well again. Fortunately I wasnā€™t far out and just over some plant machinery working on an empty golf course but itā€™s somewhat disconcerting. Is there any way to diagnose the cause of this? Also, am I correct in assumming that the controller can still fly the aircraft regardless of what the phone does? So if Iā€™d held the RTH button it would have done its thing?

My phone is a Pixel 4A btw.

The debug report for your app might tell you. Not that you could do much about it even if you did know the cause.

Yup - no app required in order to fly.

Yes :slight_smile:

Part of the reason I swapped to iPhone was how unreliable my old Pixel was with Mavic 2 Prod and Mavic Air. Otherwise a perfect phone!

I think the video transmission is far weaker (more data needed) than the RC connection to fly the controls. I often find myself out of line of sight at distance flying using only the map and height data until I get video back again.

Litterally just flew my Mini 2 again before the sun went down.

Iā€™m still finding it feels like its ā€œpullingā€ right when I should be flying straight forwards (definitely straight on right stick input). Also sometimes feels like the mini is tilting one ā€œshoulderā€ down on one side.

Is this a factor of the small drone in stronger winds trying to cope? Or do I need to do some recalibration do we think? I will calibrate everything when I get some day light flying time tomorrow

3 Likes

Ah, thanks. Thatā€™s a bit more reassuring then. So the connect aircraft message shown by the app is really just while the app was reestablishing itā€™s connection to the controller and the actual connection to the aircraft shouldnā€™t have been lost?

Worth a controller calibration at the very least.

Is that one on the list of supported devices?

DJI FLY - DJI

1 Like

None of my phones have ever featured on the DJI list ā€¦ neither have I ever had an issue with any of the four of them. :man_shrugging:

For the Fly app Dave?

1 Like

Has anyone flown these with a larger phone/tablet? Is there a mount available, and if so does the controller still feel reasonably-well balanced?

Itā€™s not, didnā€™t even think to check tbh. Itā€™s a relatively new phone as well so I can see why they might not have tested it yet. Iā€™ll just have to hope for the best I guess.

Nope - for Go4 - but the principle holds. Thereā€™s no way they can test EVERY Android, and 90% of the ones they donā€™t test are totally suitable.

1 Like

Both my Pixel 2 and 3 had MAJOR issues with DJI Go4 app due to the USB driver software and USB C. Sometimes it would connect fine, other times not at all. But it became dangerous dropping connections and. crashing the app mid-flight.

The Pixel was the one android device I expected to work best but had major compatibility issues with DJII software.

1 Like

Just search for Air 2 adapters; thereā€™s plenty out there for ipads etcā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s why the apple ecosystem just works

Yeah - like the Fly app didnā€™t work on iOS 11!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

At least it was consistent and didnā€™t work on anything :wink:

1 Like