DJI (Mavic) Mini 2

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: DJI Fly - App updates and download links

Bought one

:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

Was going to sell my Mavic and goggles but seeing the excitement on here Iā€™ve decided to give flying another goā€‹:+1::+1::+1:

I fell out of love because of so much Bullsh@t with rules and tests and the uncertainty.

I still occasionally flew my Mavic with NLD but on the last flight 2 of the batteries had hibernation charging problems which I managed to fix.

Oh btw I took a 360 attitude and know I did not need it for the mini 2 but still took the testā€‹:joy::joy::joy: got my ID card and stickers and insurance, thanks to the links in this thread that made it easy.

7 Likes

Good to see youā€™re still around @ziceman :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @PingSpike been a hard 18 months health wise and only way I need to be is positive so something like this wee baby will help :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got a SanDisk Extreme 128 GB microSDXC Memory Card for Ā£20 on a black Friday deal so perfect for mini 2.

5 Likes

I have 48 hours to buy, did you buy @PingSpike

1 Like

I bought the care refresh package from DJI.

Thanks I will get, reason was asking as I thought i seen a website that covered for everything even loss of drone.

Is this the longest going threat? There are updates on it continuously :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No, not by a long shot :blush:

Itā€™s just the most active at the moment because of all the well, activity, around the Mini 2 launch last week :+1:t2:

3 Likes

N0 afraid not - maybe a firmware update in the future but no pairable at the moment

So, was a bit miffed this week to see this issue crop up with good video being ruined by a dipping camera, but worked out itā€™s fairly easy to avoidā€¦
Cheers
Ian

8 Likes

Ordered one from CameraCentre in Cardiff yesterday off the bay. Bonus 20% off coupon as well (max Ā£75) so itā€™s cost Ā£374, now all Iā€™ve got to do is wait for the weather to stop being a pain! Was going to get a mini 1 so I could fly over people (A2CoC), but the coupon coming at the right time swung me over to the 2 instead.

Think youā€™re mixing your regulations

Good choice on the mini 2, did you not go for for the combo ?

Yeah, donā€™t think I put it down as I should have. Iā€™m doing the A2CoC at the moment, and all of the drones Iā€™ve got now (except the Inspires) are OK for the A2 class so I can fly ā€œcloseā€ to people, but I havenā€™t got one that falls into the A1 class, so I bought the Mini 2, (Iā€™ve got a biggish wedding to go to next June, and they want some drone pictures).
I didnā€™t buy the Fly more because of two reasons, not enough money, and the missus would kill me if she found anough Mavic shoulder bag (I can keep the Mini in the MA2 bag Iā€™m not using).
Might get rid of either the Spark or the MA1 now, just a thought at the moment!

2 Likes

I found a neat setting on the Mini2 which allows upward gimble motion! Iā€™d originally thought it was locked out, but no! It goes further up!

This is true; all the models have this setting but TBH it drives me nuts in usual flight as you wheel the gimbal up too high each time.
Iā€™d like to think that DJI were intelligent enough to utilise the extra clearance that setting allows for when it needs to cope wiht a steep pitch. Iā€™d like to thinkā€¦ :rofl:
Ian

1 Like

@ianinlondon itā€™s nice to have though, Iā€™ve a shot I like to do with vintage Landrover driving through woodland track with drone low and flying backwards looking up :rofl:

Iā€™ll grant you thatā€™s kind of my only use case along with mountain photography!

1 Like

Anyone here know if the Mini 2 works with Litchi?

No, it does not.

It may in the future but at the moment there is no SDK available for the Mini 2.

Or the Air 2 for that matter, but DJI have promised Air 2 support in the November SDK update.

We shall seeā€¦

I was checking out Lichi as I donā€™t know anything about it and thought it might be handy. Anyway came across Mission Hub - Litchi Please tell me these are not actual flights near Heathrow.