DJI Mavic Mini disappointment?

I love mine and take it everywhere in the car as its ideal for quick shots, taking on walks etc as long as there isn’t much wind. If there is a bit of wind then I’ll take the heavier Platinum Pro, P3 or Typhoon H. To be honest you don’t buy a super light mini thinking you can fly it in anything higher than a light breeze, if people do then they are gonna lose it at some point.

4 Likes

If its that windy - kinetic eergy is the only way! :smiley:

1 Like

Or take a kite :grinning:

1 Like

Aye!! Good’ol flexi foil… :grinning:

1 Like

I sold most of my kite kit , but kept 2 6ft flexi’s that I stack, pulls like fuck, great for dune jumping.

2 Likes

Have you seen the guys with hand foils nowadays?

4 Likes

*filmed with a mini :wink:

1 Like

Hope so… I still aint got the nerve to fly mine over the water. Originally I wante do get aerail shots of myself and freinds running rapids on the SUPs but stories of unscheduled landins has put me off. Its heart breaking enough when a camera gets dropped in the brine! :smiley:

I have received another firmware update today, it mentions crash issues !!!

2 Likes

App crashes I believe

Just an app update mate, no new firmware yet.

2 Likes

I was going to take mine out on Saturday for a test, but got way laid.

DJI Alex beat me to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tye5lFNKldg

1 Like

Had a play today with distances

2112M before there was too much water for me to be flying over ;o) lots of warnings on poor reception, but the video feed was perfect all the way out and back.

Plenty enough for most users ;o)

1 Like

My friend has a Mavic Mini. Ive never heard of him complaining about his drone. He was quite happy buying it for a cheap price so Im assuming hes having fun with his drone. If youre looking for a budget drone, you should visit this website.

Hi all, new to the group & to the world of UAV drone flying! Gotta say I’m super impressed with my Mavic Mini. I got it through a work tech scheme, so will be paying for it for years to come lol. Always wanted a RC plane when I was a kid but could never afford one. Could only go for the basic package, not the combo set with extra batteries etc, but still with one battery I’m getting over 20 minutes of fast flying & messing about! Took out the DJI care cover just incase I crashed it being a novice, & glad I did as flown it into my stairwell wall & a tree but luckily no damage to the mavic! But nice to have piece of mind for 12 months! I’m so tempted to crash it into ‘something’, not someone lol, before the end of the 12 month care plan, pay £35 & get a new one!
Although I have nothing to compare the mavic mini with it is awesome, fun, easy to control & the picture quality is really good for my needs!
My only disappointment is not having an extra battery, but I’ll be buying one direct from DJI in the near future!

1 Like

The mini is a awesome little thing especially for the money , dont be tempted to claim on the dji refresh unless you need too as for one they might require flight data i think and 2 you don’t always get a new one im told some times its a reconditioned one so maybe not what you think. Shop around for the batteries as the likes of jessops or heliguy are often cheaper and you get it quicker.
Enjoy it and keep having fun.

2 Likes

As cunning plans go, outing yourself on a public forum isn’t the smartest thing to do eh? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

And karma is a cruel bitch

2 Likes

I just took delivery of my Mavic Mini today. I bought it to compliment my Mavic 2 Pro which I’ve had for a month but haven’t had a huge opportunity to fly much yet.

I wanted to get something small and unobtrusive that I can practice flying, muck about with and just have in my bag whenever an opportunity to fly comes along.

I feel like the M2P takes a bit more thought to fly and while it’s not massively bigger (although obviously it is bigger and heavier), it’s definitely less discreet - it’s noisier, takes a bit more setting up, seems like a big deal when you get it up in the air.

So with the mini, I can genuinely take it almost anywhere. With three batteries that will last me an hour and a half, almost. I’m going to be going for a cycle in the Yorkshire Dales in a couple of weeks, the Mini will come with me because it takes up almost no room in my rucksack, even in the fly more case with three batteries.

What would be lovely is if it had a tracking mode so I could get it to follow me while I’m cycling. I didn’t realise the Mini didn’t have that feature which is disappointing.

This evening I was flying it around outside while having a beer and it was loads of fun. And I suppose the upside of it not having any intelligent modes is I’m going to have to learn to fly this thing properly if I don’t want to lose it on a roof or in the local canal. I think it’ll make me a better pilot for when I do get the opportunity to fly my M2P.

So no disappointment here, aside from the lack of a “follow me” mode.

2 Likes

Litchi is your friend.

Watch this this space for my review a little later

1 Like