DJI Mini 2 batteries are not auto-discharging

Our postman walked straight by my house today :sob:

@speatuk

Cheers, they turned up today. Snapped them fitting on to the charging hub. But work just as well as singles. I appear to have mine on differently to the other photo too. Not sure which is correct!:rofl:

1 Like

Lip over the case is the way I have mine, the other way round makes for a tight fit for the batteries

1 Like

You ruff arse lol.

Glad you managed to use them anyway.

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

40 year old Builder with a touch like a baby elephant!

3 Likes

I’m in :+1: Thanks again @speatuk Steve.

7 Likes

A quick google search :wink: :grinning: :+1:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjfh4yX3P7vAhWMgf0HHZP2DxsQFjAAegQIAxAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fgreyarro.ws%2Ft%2Fmy-replacement-drone-due-to-error-10008-black-frames%2F476&usg=AOvVaw3vraqKZqspB1TRde_iKZCO

You got to love GADC :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

My cheapskate solution. I even nicked the elastic band from my son’s home office

9 Likes

Just wanted to publicly thank you Steve. They arrived today and after I figured out which way to install them :exploding_head:, they fit like a dream. :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

Same. Thank you @speatuk came the other day but been manic.

Thank you so much.

5 Likes

@speatuk Thank you so much steve arrived today and fit like a glove.

4 Likes

This thread was started in December. Mad eh?

1 Like

And still no response from DJI :scream:

1 Like

Now I’m seriously confused. My mini 2 batteries have been sat outside of the charging case for two weeks now, all are still showing full charge???

How often are you checking them @pete.mcarthur ?

Any “check” of a DJI intelligent LiPo battery level will reset the days / discharge counter.

For example, if my batteries are set to discharge after five days, if I check the battery level on day four by simply pressing the button on the battery, or putting them in the hub to count the lights, my counter is reset and I have to wait another full five days for them to start discharging.

This counter-reset applies to all intelligent-battery models, right back to early Phantoms.

1 Like

Ah that explains it, idiocy on my part :rofl:

After seeing the Ian in London YouTube post I ordered a small case from STARTRC to store them in. Cheap enough from AliExpress.

1 Like

I bought a Sunnylife bag months ago for when we can go traveling, finally got a use for them.

1 Like

I’ve just seen a article on Drone DJ saying DJI are working on a update to fix this , they say soon .

Can you post the link