Drones on TV

Just catching up with a few of last weeks tv programs.

Richard Hammond’s - Beautiful British Rivers - More 4 - Wednesdays - 21:00

Some really nice drone work in the first ep.

For you FPV peeps

UPDATE: Eight fire engines and 50 personnel continue to bring the huge fire at @SmurfitKappa’s Neachells site in #Birmingham to a safe conclusion. Our drone footage shows the scale of our overnight firefighting operations.

Read more on our website: https://wmfs.link/3NK0FCd https://twitter.com/WestMidsFire/status/1536239493979721728/video/1

Expectedly, some great drone footage on Frozen Plant II … but they also show some of the behind the scenes stuff. :+1:

1 Like

Sh*t missed it what channel

BBC1

Iplayer later then thanks

Just watched, great filming nature can be cruel but it’s nature. Nice bit of shooting from DJI drones.
How long will it be before we miss coast line to rising sea levels?

Drat - I skipped that as I thought it was the film Frozen.

I’ve just finished filming for a forthcoming documentary on mental health for the channel that’s above 3 and below 5 (they don’t want me mentioning them yet :upside_down_face: )

YouTube is now the go to place to get footage they would have paid ridiculous amounts for five years ago.

Quest 11pm tonight
How do they do it.
How unmanned aerial vehicles fight crime.

1 Like

Countryfile, this last Sunday, was interesting. iPlayer Link

Fundamentally the whole program was about the creation of a ground-based light display on the highest peaks of the 4 home nations, culminating in the 15min edit at the end.

Interesting GPS controlled lights carried, and waved, about by hundreds of volunteers, and the majority of the final edit was filmed by drone (Inspires).

Some clips during the program talking to the drone operators.

Whilst I found the whole prog interesting, this clip caught my eye … a firework slung from a drone. :smiling_imp:

The simulated volcano on Scafell Pike was rather clever, too …

2 Likes

I thought the close up of the lamp carrier’s spoiled the film as it distracted from the true effect of the lights.

Have been watching The Traitors on BBC. Lots of really nice drone footage used! Anybody here notice this too?

1 Like

:rofl:

the current taco bell ad in the states :ok_hand:t2:

Wish they delivered I could go one of them

So I watched the movie Ambulance this week, heavy drone use

Making of (lots of drone bits)

2 Likes

My wife just put Earthstorm on (Netflix). They’re chasing tornadoes with a Mavic Pro. Pretty sure it’s not rated for those wind speeds :wink:

1 Like