Drones on TV

Come on Dave Ryding No1 at the moment in the salmon :clap:

Some Drone usage, but worth watching anyway :+1:

Just watched Lego Masters on Channel 4, building dragons on mini 2 drones and testing them in a mini comp in an Australian Stadium. Mad as a box of frogs!

Got a link @D0c.Col mate?

Dragon Race and Grandscapes - The Second Elimination LEGO Masters Dragon Race and Grandscapes - The Second Elimination - Google Search

This one. You can watch on Channel 5 catchup its a replay follow link. :+1:

Which one? :rofl:

All I see is a Google search results page :person_shrugging:t2:

Seems to be on All4 …

Takes you to these. Watch on catchup, the app or download?

Drone footage from Turkey.

Now - on Ch4 - Ukraine from Above : Secrets from the Front Line.

Rather “droney”.

1 Like

Watched KSI: In Real Life on Amazon the other night, some beautiful drone shots across London. Props to whoever got those unless they were stock footage

Clarkson’s farm Season 2 was a decent crack to watch, some interesting close ups past the cows and the deer, assuming they were drone shots God knows how they weren’t spooked. My guess would be a Mini 3 Pro was used because those things are so quiet

Every sunrise and every sunset as far as I can see…

It’s quicker, these days, to list TV programs that DON’T use drones.

:joy:

3 Likes

It’s the same bloke doing Clarkson’s Farm as does Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. Think his name is Andrew Seggins.

Not a bad life…

The studio sections of the news are probably the only ones I’ve not seen a drone. :thinking:

There are (globally) bloody thousands of drone pilots involved in TV progs.

For me, the genre of TV program that’s most benefited from drones is the “David Attenborough” type program.
Those types of programs (that probably constitute 50% of my TV viewing) have been totally transformed by them … in a good way.

There was a time (I may have mentioned above … a long time ago) where it seemed drones were being used without adding anything. Thank goodness those days have gone.

Currently, FPV seems to be the “must have” … with varying relevance/benefit to the program.

An interesting item regarding drone use on farming.

1 Like

Scotland from the Sky
On now on BBC Scotland but youll be able to find it on BBC iPlayer

Chances are this thread should be closed and a new one “Gosh - Not a single drone used in this TV program! :open_mouth:” started Things have changed that much in 5 years.

1 Like

Just watching PGA Tour golf on Sky, the leader has a tricky chip over the bunker and look what fly’s up behind him :joy:

1 Like