Drones on TV

Sometimes they really aren’t needed. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

it’s a swing and a miss!

2 Likes

Looked like the pressure was starting to get to him for a bit.

1 Like

There was a large-ish drone flying at the London Stadium on Saturday, which seemed to be operating under its own unique drone code… but the angle was tricky - it could have been over the canal, not the baseball crowd.

This was almost an interesting “Drones on TV” moment on Saturday, after the MotoGP Sprint Race at Assen …

1 Like

Sky Coppers
Starts Tuesday 11th July 9pm Channel 4

4 Likes

Why do i get the feeling this will be either really good or really shit.

Probably

Although I do like most of the interceptor stuff, mindless TV that’s easy to watch

3 Likes

I cant find any trailers for it Steve, I saw a 10sec advert on TV and the clips show things like thermal imaging persuits of criminals through peoples back gardens etc. The ad made it look similar to the show ‘Police Interceptors’ but with drones. Could be good or could be shite lol

1 Like

C4 at 9.00 PM next Tuesday, “Sky Coppers”; TV Guide - TVguide.co.uk
Just heard, it sounds interesting.

Just watched the BBC “Scotland from the Sky”, and whilst it focuses on the use of light aircraft/helicopters and satellite imagery, it is clear they have used a number of drones in making the series.
My view of the programme…? Inside the one hour episodes, there is a very good 20 minute episode dying to get out…

They’re taking questions via Twitter for this show too :+1:t2:

https://twitter.com/droneswmp/status/1678388132012498945?s=46&t=5U2N6JvSJfZn8DE7Q7F1YQ

2 Likes

Don’t forget 9pm tonight Ch4

4 Likes

What was it like?

@DroneGeek Hi Ian, I watched it and enjoyed it thoroughly but with the big caveat that now all the 'Karens" will think that no matter what drone you may be flying, it will have the same photo taking tech and low light, heat seeking facilities etc.
More education would have been beneficial but i guess that’s not what the program was for.

3 Likes

I noticed that the one guy had his Mavic 2 Pro’s RC antenna in the least efficient orientation and switched off. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@OzoneVibe was that the guy who flew over the horse field? i’m not familiar with Mac 2 pro remote.

Nope - supporting the people breaking in to the 3 bed terraced horticultural establishment … :stuck_out_tongue:

You make is sound like a garden centre :grinning:

It was better stocked than most garden centres.