Flying in the EU

Hi Im looking to take my Mavic Mini to Spain in February.

Apparently I need a EASA licence, despite the fact I have a UK one. (Brexit) et al

Has anybody got this licence and can you apply for this as a UK citizen?

1 Like

You might find the answer here:

I havenā€™t read through the above thread myself but it seems to be relating to your question :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Moved your post over to the thread @DeanoG60 linked to.

Also look in This is what you need to fly in Spain for some Spain specific info.

3 Likes

Thank you much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi
I am looking to take my mini2 to Austria in August. Does anyone have any experience of flying there?

I have a uk an EU operator id. It is insured.

I wonā€™t be paying $300 euros for a permit though!!

Looking to fly it out of the way of folks in quiet places.

Any help appreciated

Thank you.

1 Like

@Photobird did you ever get to Austria ?

Map helps

https://map.dronespace.at/

2 Likes

Not yet. Perhaps next year!:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

You only need to Register for an Operator ID for the 1st EU country you are visiting. This then can be used in any EU state. I registered with the IAA, but went to Italy. No fire proof label required but you do have to display your Op Id on the drone. I printed mine as a QR code and stuck in on the mini 2 battery door. Local police werenā€™t interested anyway after my tour rep spoke with them. There are some differences to restrictions across the EU though, ie I could not fly at night or over private residences in Italy.

2 Likes

I did the same as you and my understanding is my first flight has to be in France
Do you now what Iā€™d on I have to use on my first flight

Whose going to know where your first flight is?

plans change - register where you want and cancel that trip to Ireland or whereverā€¦

1 Like

@plumber As long as youā€™ve got your EU Op licence and uour ID is on the drone they wont be interested in which Country you got it from. Like they say, just say your plans chnaged if uour asked which is extremely unlikely. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Re the fireproof label. I got a set of excellent labels from

They are amazingly small (18mmx6mm) with very tiny print - mine has four lines of text on it!

1 Like

So if I have my EUa1 and a3 cert and English Iā€™d is that suffice for my first flight in France

Your UK Op Id is not valid in EU.you therefore need to pass the EU test to get a EU Operator ID. You get a QR code with it that you can print and affix to your drone(s).

1 Like

Cheers for information.I have passed the eu test in Luxembourg before brexit
So all I have to do is barcode on drone.

Of course that is no longer valid in the UK as ours is not valid over there.

Enjoy flying in France, however be careful of Paris as most of it is a no-no.

You mean ā€˜non-nonā€™? (in an outrageous French accent)

1 Like

Weeee

Thats all I did for Italy. Print your IDā€™s and keep them with you. I would check any other EU specific rules for the Country your visiting as some of them are slightly different ie cant fly over houses or at night for Italy, without applying 7days in advance of flight (at least).

1 Like