FPV Trick Competition

Well, I thought I was going to be able to submit something today, even if it was a tame, unobstructed split-s in an open field, but both the recordings on the card are corrupted. :cry:

On the positive side, I now have at least one decent place to practice.

2 Likes

Hey Jez. Itā€™s not about trying to do a fancy split s through a tiny gap etc, its about pushing your own limits. We all have a fair idea of each others skill level, and Iā€™m sure the voters will vote accordingly.

1 Like

Thats great Jez! Where did you find in the end?

Mate thatā€™s all Iā€™ve done, as thatā€™s all Iā€™d got available today. Will probably post my entry some time in the week once I get the footage from my goggles. I think they are more looking for smoothness in the transition rather than the environment :+1:t2:

Itā€™s all about the execution :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Itā€™s all about the progress mate.

I recall you saying ā€œfpvā€™s probably not for youā€ only a few months ago.

Now you are pulling tricks. Keep at it :metal:t2:

4 Likes

Pretty much the same for me. Iā€™ve got a load of practice footage but the weather has been shit every time I want to fly over or around something interesting

Iā€™ll post something later

2 Likes

Fields around 0ā€™17" in Benā€™s video - coordinates in the 12th post. :slight_smile:
And a lot of it is having another pair of eyes (and a tall bloke to poke your quad out of a hedge :grin:), so I can thank @Yith & son for that.

The Darwin79 is promising. I could probably do with some slightly lighter 3Sā€™s for it, although it seemed to be coping with the 650mAh 4S I saddled it with.

2 Likes

Someone fpv will join here at some point who lives near @SirGunner and weā€™ll never here from him again cos heā€™ll be out all the time flying :laughing:

I have actually met a couple of local ish guys that Iā€™ve flown with a few times now (I keep trying to get them to join up here but so far no luck) but it wont stop me coming here, there are too many great guys here :ok_hand:t2:
I also still want to come up and fly with you guys again when thereā€™s a meet I donā€™t need to get on a plane to fly to :rofl:

How far do you travel with work? Whatā€™s your radius?

1 Like

Mainly around the London area but I do get a bit further up now and then. Normally when other guys are off sick or on holiday

Hopefully we can do another big meet next year. Sort of a fundraiser for gadc. Maybe try and make it bigger - ie invite the interested non drone public so its a publicity stunt too. Then tell them to go home at 6pm so we can get pissed :+1:

I donā€™t mind driving but Matlock and the Viaduct are too far for an hour or 2 flying. Maybe next summer can do Matlock and stay over camping somewhere nearby :thinking:

1 Like

I like that idea. It is common knowledge that the farmer doesnā€™t mind fpvā€™ers. He may let us camp and have a party. And its the world cup next year :laughing:

1 Like

That would be really cool :sunglasses: :grin:

1 Like

This is not an entry. Just trying to smooth things out when practising.

1 Like

Here is my entry:

Done on 23/10/2021 using my 5 Inch iFlight Nazgul5 V2 Analogue, converted to DJI HD FPV System using the Caddx Air Unit Micro.

6 Likes

Ah such a perfectionist! Very smooth and flowey. How did you find the move?

Had a couple of goes in the sim first to get my stick movement right then transitioned to the real thing. Found the move a nice addition to my FPV arsenal for future use :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

So not an entry yet as hoping to get out and get it done near a potential crash hazard to make it more interesting - weather permitting.

Anyway here are some recent attempts

5 Likes