GPS and RF signal jamming - The great big notifications thread

Just a heads up if any members are planning flights in the area and fares affected in the notice.

2 Likes

Ha you beat me to it while I was editing my e-mail address out :joy: Moderator please feel free to remove my post he won fair & square by about 30 seconds

Thinking alike lol

Be interesting if they don’t quite get it right & screw up Joe publics home WIFI or worse business But I guess they’ll have chosen that location due to it’s position but I havent looked yet

Rather vague wording “10 - 21 February 2020, 0800 and 1800 GMT

Not clear if that’s between 0800 and 1800 … or just at those times.

Does say and not between but also states emergency phone numbers to cancel so it would suggest not just a brief moment or two

Quite surprising too. I always thought the RAF worked strictly 9 to 5 (0900 to 1700) on weeedays only. Drop the bombs and home for tea and medals sort of thing …

That must be the location, not necessarily who’s doing the jamming.

I’m not seeing it either. Maybe they only post a NOTAM when it’s actually active? :man_shrugging:

Link to the date change announcement:

https://skywise.caa.co.uk/jamming-trial-14-sep-4-dec-luce-bay/?cat=22

The Salisbury Plain and New Forest jamming date has also changed:

With all this “jammin’” … my avatar is spot on! :wink:

1 Like

Lol. Either that or a Bob Marley pic would work too :joy:

Jamming causes aircraft to “crash into the sea”?

2 Likes

Jamming trial impacting GNSS (GPS): 12 – 16 Oct, Scottish West Coast

Jamming activity will take place 12 -16 October (inclusive) affecting airspace in and around the Scottish West Coast near the Isle of Skye and the Outer Hebrides.

The activity may affect GNSS based navigation and timing devices. Jamming may impact systems up to 40,000FT AMSL within a radius of up to 90NM of N 57° 28.34’, W 005° 52.31

During the trials impacted systems may suffer intermittent or total failure. Activity will take place between 0800-2000 UTC. For more details please see AIP Briefing Sheet on the NATS AIS website.

Source:

1 Like

Jamming trial ended early: Luce Bay

Jamming activity impacting electronic situational awareness devices, UAS command systems and GNSS receivers in and around Luce Bay has ended early.

The activity was originally planned to run until 4 December 2020.

Anybody know why? :thinking: :thinking:

Did anyone else that is signed up to the CAA SkyWise updates see this?

“Jamming trial impacting GNSS (GPS): 9 - 20 November, Wales and SW England

Activity may affect GNSS navigation and precision timing devices including electronic situational awareness devices and UAV’s (drones)

Jamming activity within 5KM of N52° 00’ 53”, W003° 38’ 31” (Sennybridge)

Low Power jamming will take place between 0900-1600 UTC and may impact GNSS signals up to and above 40,000FT AMSL within 63NM

Systems relying on GNSS reception may suffer intermittent or total failure.”

From CAA Skywise:

Jamming activity will take place between the 05th – 09th April 2021 (0900-1700) affecting airspace around Spadeadam, Cumbria

Jamming equipment will be located near to N55° 03.1’ W002° 33.3. Activity may affect GNSS equipment within 30NM (all directions) up to and above 40,000FT AMSL.

During the trials impacted systems may suffer intermittent or total failure. An associated NOTAM has been raised.

For further information or feedback on this activity contact spectrum@caa.co.uk

Emergency cease jamming contact:
016977 47321 Ext 6386, 6375 or 6388.

2 Likes

I often wonder if some of the reports we hear from members of flights going very wrong are caused by things like this - and they’re just unaware that this could be the cause? :thinking:

2 Likes

Another reason to check Dronescene before flying - NOTAM information such as signal jamming appears automatically :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Although, as yet, there is no NOTAM entry for this jamming. :man_shrugging: