Have you wrapped your bird?

Saw this thread pop up and realised I never updated on the reply from DecalGirl.

Basically, they will let you design your wrap in any colours you like, but they can’t print neons (and, it seems, a lot of other colours) so the printer just produces the closest it can. They do have pre-printed sheets of neon vinyl which they use for single-colour wraps, but you can’t have them customised at all.

Anyway, they were very apologetic and offered me a refund or said they could send me a new wrap with the pink as ‘bright’ as they could make it. I went for the latter.

I’ll be honest, it’s still purple rather than pink. But it’s grown on me quite a lot… and it does stand out more against the sky than the grey body did.

2 Likes

Nicely wrapped! Liking the colour too! :ok_hand:

1 Like

My two little soldiers

4 Likes

Arh Yes, I can see that now.
Must look and see where my local SpecSavers is :joy::joy:

1 Like

Hadn’t considered putting one on my drone however, after seeing the drones on here I’ve changed my mind.

The high-vis option seems like the best for flying further. For the folks with the camouflage wraps, can you still see your drone when flying far away?

1 Like

We had this chat on here only a few days ago in another thread, can’t think which one but we pretty much agreed that your bird is better being darker over being wrapped in hi viz, better visibility against the sky, however if you want it easy to see on the ground ie after it’s crashed then hi vis is the option. Personal choice obviously but I would recommend a darker skin. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Agreed, can’t see bright colours from any distance, I use strobes for that. As for seeing on the ground I thankfully haven’t had that problem yet but when/if it does the strobes should help there too …

2 Likes

Well here is mine. Airborne and inside mind.
Don’t know how it will look outdoors yet…

6 Likes

Really liking that! Looks good :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I really like this one, nice job fitting it. Can I ask where you got it and what its called (the skin), I might take a look for mine. :+1:

1 Like

There’s a bit more info over here @B0M0A0K :+1:t2:

1 Like

Since the Mavic Air sounds like an angry wasp :rage: I thought this was appropriate :blush:

Although not so much of an annoyance since fitting Master Screw props :+1: :grin:

5 Likes

That looks awesome, :heart_eyes::ok_hand:

1 Like

got the vinyl cutter out for a job so thought why not cut some stripes.

Go faster stripes :+1:t2:

1 Like

Nice and subtle I thought, not to in your face :ok_hand:

Mine is just like me - subtle as a brick !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sorry couldn’t resist it

7 Likes

I’m not averse to an owl burrito but you’d think they would pluck the feathers first.

2 Likes

and the beak bit crunchy lol

2 Likes