Have you wrapped your bird?

Lots of skinning info over here…

1 Like

Threads merged. :+1:

2 Likes

Still wrapped and in perfect condition today 3½ years later.

3 Likes

Nice job! I’m guessing the fins underneath aren’t covered as they’re a heatsink?

1 Like

I’ve taken the cheapskate route and done it with black electricians tape, avoiding the sensors and the heat sink area obviously. Also some stripy yellow/green tape down the front of the gimbal cover with a flappy tab, to remind me to take the bloody thing off before trying to fly!

I’ll hopefully be taking it for a careful spin tomorrow.

2 Likes

2 Tone Mini 2 Wrap £11 from eBay, Strobe Mount £7.50

10 Likes

Love that!

1 Like

Wow! That looks epic!

1 Like

I just wish I had a bird to wrap

Oops sorry…didn’t realise we were taking about drones

:innocent:

3 Likes

So bloody bored with lock down, purchased a bright yellow skin plus blue lights for my mini 2. Whizzing around the garden.
Typical one

Chinese light went off for the photo.

Whats your lockdown mod?

4 Likes

Wrapgrade from amazon, awesome quality I have to say.
The mini wrap is for the OG mini but I just adjusted it slightly to suit the front LED.

3 Likes

Question Stevo,

If I wrapped my FPV in carbon fiber would that make it stronger…?

:rofl:

EDIT…

Looking good by the way

EDIT again… :upside_down_face:

Roses are doing well

2 Likes

Worth a try Shirley :wink::thinking: hold it all together at least rather than having to hunt around for arms and legs :laughing:

1 year old those fake roses :rose::rofl:

1 Like

Thanks and don’t call me Shirley :rofl:

and worth every penny :innocent:

1 Like

I’ll stop calling you Shirley if you don’t call me penny :triumph::joy:

1 Like

So after it arriving today and thinking I would leave it until Saturday to wrap I got too excited and did it immediately.

Took about 6 days to arrive from DecalGirl in the Us to the U.K. wrap feels quality and smooth, strong adhesive that’s easy to move whilst attaching.

Took about 1.5 hours to wrap considering this is my first wrap I’m quite happy with that. Almost therapeutic…didn’t follow the online video just went off the instructions and easy enough, used just me hands, no tweezers and it worked fine.

Happy with the result and keen to try this out on the birds :joy: I Went for that giant murder hornet look to match the DJI props. There are battery numbers too but nothing exciting about those so didn’t post :slight_smile:

What do you think?

4 Likes

Nice mate, goes well with those props :+1::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Cheers, just wondering how long before I get bored and buy another :joy:

Maybe I’ll just get another drone to do a different wrap on

:thinking:

1 Like

2 Likes

with…

Snap!!

3 Likes