Have you wrapped your bird?

After receiving it back from Dji Care / Refresh, a good friend of mine which is very good with these type of minute applications, (I would have made a mess with my fat fingers) he re-applied a new set of wraps and she is looking very nice again.

Ladies and Gents, here’s Ruby-Ruby-Ruby!

1 Like

I’ve beed seriously considering getting a wrap, but I’m just no good with these things and I know I’d make a mess of it. My ocd would not allow the slightest of crinkles or for anything not lining up perfectly. For that reason I’m thinking of a spray job, once the warranty expires of course!

1 Like

I wrapped my Inspire but wasn’t over impressed for the same reasons @mynameisjoe . I then went the hydrodip route on the Inspire again, rather than spray paint which came out really well.

Tempted to do the same to the old DJI Mini 2 still :blush:

Here’s my baby, an Air2s

1 Like

I only wrap mine to keep the body clean…

Flying in the rain does that to mine … keeps the wrap clean.
:rofl:

1 Like

Thats pretty cool, how much was it @PingSpike

Sorry Darren mate, it was four years ago now - I haven’t a clue :confused:

Plenty of DIY YouTube videos if you’re handy with stuff like that?

No time for diy route to be honest. Ill have a look about for sending it away during winter when the weather is crap.

1 Like

According to Bloody weather! ... and flyability - you’d have bigger gaps in flying during the summer - or spring - or autumn … actually - any time of the year.
Of course - whilst it’s away being done is bound to be the best flying weather in ages irrespective of the season.
:laughing:

You need to make a water and washing up liquid mix and spray on the mini or the sheet and it will slide then use a credit card and squeeze out the water.

Fantastic and it’s even better in real life, Nick!

1 Like

I am not sure but I know the bloke who makes them and sells them on ebay, you can ask yourself here is his ebay shop:

You’ll have to message him to find out the price, because the one he did for Nick was a special order he nornally stocks plenty of the ones for the Mini 2 and Mavic, his name is Barry, very decent seller

1 Like

Hi All, I’d like to colour wrap my Mini 3 Pro in fluorescent orange to do my best to deter seagull attacks on building inspections which I regularly do (I appreciate it will not be a ‘silver bullet’ cure). Can anyone recommend a good quality supplier / type which will not push the drone’s weight over the 250g mark? Many thanks :pray:

Moved your post to this thread where you’ll find many recommendations of for wrap suppliers.

Personal preference is Wrapgrade - available from Amazon, or direct (more colours).

You might struggle, unlike the DJI Mini 2, the Mini 3 Pro is pretty much on the limit out of the box :confused:

But - who’s going to check? Yet to see a copper walking about with a set of scales.

If there’s an “incident”, chances are no drone will ever be weighed … they’ll just work from the model number … provided there isn’t a brick tied to it.

Would need to be calibrated :wink:.

Maybe we should do a poll, who’s had their drone weight checked by an official :grinning:

@Lee_Clark

Here is one

Thanks for your response, it was along the lines that I was thinking but I did not want to necessarily say it having not posted that many times on the group. I like @Sparkyws idea of a poll if anyone has ever had their drone weighed by someone official - expect this would only likely occur if the drone was carrying a very obvious additional payload or there was perhaps (god forbid!) an accident.

calibrated as well.