Hi New Pilot (South Yorkshire Area)

Hi, I finally decided to join. I am fairly new to FPV and bought my first quad back in May. I currently own a Meteor75 2S and C2 Flea 3S.

I have three more builds in the pipeline (Twig XL 3-4S Acro, Raven 4" LR (probably 3S1P Li-ion), Twig 2" fun/ripper).

Areas of interest are Whoops, Long Range and Acro builds. I would like to delve into racing eventually, but more as a way to improve stick control which would hopefully improve control in other areas.

I fly analogue and ELRS across all drones. Will probably go to HDZero once it matures a bit.

2 Likes

Hi @PathfinderFPV and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Welcome @PathfinderFPV!

Great to see another pilot in South Yorkshire especially one that can fpv - there’s not too many of us on here.

I’m over in Doncaster and fly mostly fpv but also have a few camera drones too.

There’s a few of us get together over this way and fly at least monthly.

Where in South Yorkshire are you?

3 Likes

Hi there… I’m not far away either, Chesterfield.

I’ve been flying for about a year and have several FPV quads, long range, tinywhoop, freestyle and a plane. Mostly completely home made.

Not done racing yet either. Well I’ve done tinywhoop stuff…

@PathfinderFPV welcome

Thanks for the welcome.

I am based out of Sheffield (primarily), but can be found up around York a fair bit as well.

I mostly fly around Sheffield, but haven’t hit any of the main bandos yet. I probably won’t hit the smaller stuff for a while until I have better control. Though I see there are a few interesting spots over in Chesterfield and the big one down Matlock.

Beyond that there seems to be a lot of spots around Selby and York.

Thats my area, and as @Howard78 says there are a few of us meet in the area to play, FPV and camera stuff

Welcome mate. Hdzero is perfect for long range. I’m sure there’ll be a meet up or two round your area so you can try it out :+1:

It’ll probably be a while before I can afford to drop money on those sorts of upgrades.

But it would be cool to meet some other pilots. I haven’t met anyone so far that flies. But I also tend to keep to myself when flying and avoid people for the most part. Our hobby tends to be more to the clandestine side of things.

Some of the places you all fly, I would also like to get some air time at.

2 Likes

Welcome to come fly anytime with us. We’ve a few spots from vast open fields and parks to bandos that are around this area and fairly quiet.

Will let you know when we next plan to meet up

1 Like

That would be good. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah, it’d be good to meet up. Which side of Sheffield are you?

Central. About 5 mins walk from the Moor. :slight_smile: Doesn’t take me long to get over your side, I clocked about 15 mins out to Sheepbridge last week, 20 mins to Chesterfield Centre, not that I generally go that far.

Been wanting to have a look at the Realstone bando for a couple of months, but haven’t got round to it so far. It looks perfect for my low state of acro skills. Nice open space that I can practice in. Not so bothered about going inside the buildings currently.

Hi Matt - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Ah. I work at citygate, on the end of the moor. But I mostly work from home.

By realstone, you mean the bolehill quarry bando? I’ve not heard it called that before.

Its 10 mins from my house and I’d go a lot more if I’d not lost several motors to the magnetic dust there. Though I think I know where exactly that is now. I’ve been meaning to go back for a while now, would have been there on Wednesday evening, but the moors called to me.

It’s the one that you get to by cutting into the backwhacks in between Chesterfield and Clay Cross, roughly SW of Chesterfield. When I looked it up on Google, it came back as Realstone and some people on YT have called it that a few times.

I also want to hit Matlock Bando. It looks like the days of that being available are numbered, although some people were down last weekend according to YT. I read the other thread on here about it.

1 Like

It seems fine at the moment… I need to get back there, it’s been almost a year.

We’re more fans of countryside than bandos…

Yeah that’ll be the one.

Yeah i bookmarked the location of the Harboro Rocks site. Didn’t know about it and it’s not too far away either.

Have you been down to Gridworks at Ipswich?

Not yet… it’s a fair old hike.