How to create high resolution 360 Panoramics

Thank you, John.

Yes, I used the Sphere feature under Pano. The Mini 3 Pro does a better job than the Mini 2. I have had several Mini 2s, and the only way to fix that bald sky properly was by following this process.

Hi again,
many thanks for your quick reply.
Your workflow details were very helpful.
Could you comment on the points below please?
I have a subscription for Lightroom and photoshop, so I could take the pano as it comes from the drone and then use it in PS with content aware fill.
I think the downside to this is that the output from the drone assembled pano is a jpeg even if the original photos are in raw plus jpeg.
I think GoPro discontinued the kolor ano stitching software so PTgui might be the best alternative.
Regarding more recent drones drones from DJI (like the mavic 3) it seems that they can shoot upwards further without getting the props in the way, do you know if thatā€™s the case for the mini 3 pro.

Thanks again!

1 Like

The Mini 2 does produce an assembled pano but yes, it is JPG format, and as such, it is very compressed and low resolution. I donā€™t use this, instead I used the DNGs and make my own in Autopano Giga (APG).

There is a Google Drive link in the post I provided earlier with lots of 360 pano software in it, including APG.

Yes, the Mini 3 can shoot upwards, unlike the Mini 2. Which is why the Mini 3 360ā€™s have no ā€˜bald skyā€™ up top.

Lots of sky replacements files here.

Content aware fill is not the best way to go, it has a habit of leaving you with a visible stitch line

Thanks a lot for all your help, much appreciated.
Looks like (as a fan of 360 panos) Iā€™m going to have to upgrade my equipment before long :slight_smile:

Many thanks Chris, Iā€™m going to try these out for practice, Cheers, John

Hi mate, is it still possible to get a copy of APG for Mac? I see itā€™s been discontinued for many a year, and no way to register the program at all. The program works well, but the watermarks all through it make it useless. Thanks

The 360 on the Mavic 3 Pro isnā€™t very good! Very poor stitching,

One thing I noticed with this is that he resultant image doesnā€™t upload to Google photos - so I assume something is stripped out by APG (tried before altering in PS).

If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know.

Try run the file though exif fixer

1 Like

Does the Drone not stitch it and say a Jpeg in the photos folder like the Mini 3

Edit: Forget that as it wonā€™t be High Res :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, I will give this a go today

It was high Res - just very poor stitching.

I will make a post soon with my initial thoughts on the drone, what I like and what I donā€™t.

1 Like

Hi Drone buddies, can any one point me in the right direction for a programme or app that I can use to create little planet shots, I use a Mac computer . thanks in advance.
pip

Hi @piplindley

Iā€™ve moved your post here which covers it pretty well.

You can also make little planet photos in the Fly App as well as from gallery sites such as Kuula and Panoee (both have been covered elsewhere, and can be found using the search pages)

I use Linux, but Hugin Download also has versions for each OS.

Iā€™ve just downloaded a app called tiny planets, on the apple App Store, seems pretty good so far.

1 Like

This one is ok

1 Like

Cracking app, does some nice animations too all for free ;o)

1 Like

Been a while since you wrote this tutorial Chris but thank you.

As I pretty much havenā€™t done any editing of late, and little of note with my drone or DSLR then I was grateful you had taken the time to document this - helped refreshed the mush that equals my brain.

Also, nice to AutoPano Giga is also free. Not sure if it was when you first wrote this.

1 Like

Awesome info thanks, was very frustrating taking dng images only to have the DJI app make it a bit pointless.

Not sure what I did wrong with the stitching here:

Could the drone have twitched? Tried putting my Photoshop skills to use, just need to find them first :smiley: