How to create high resolution 360 Panoramics

Hmm.

That can be overridden - if you are an Admin on the computer.

ā€˜Run as adminā€™ is no longer available in the context menu - I canā€™t be bothered to delve any deeper! And before it became unusable to mortals MS filled it with spammy fluff which put me right off.

This is Group Policy on your PC, nothing to do with the app. Basically, you need to change the ā€˜trust levelā€™ to allow execution of *.msi files.

Then you have much bigger issues than not being able to install an *.msi file.

We clearly must be referring to different versions of MS ICE, as mine seems spam free.

1 Like

Maybe - but Iā€™m fully up to date with Win10 (homeā€¦) and gpedit.msc does not exist. I canā€™t be bothered to attempt hack it.

The windows 10 home edition does not support gpedit.msc it doesnā€™t have it unlike other editions of windows 10ā€™s . But you can follow this link they explains you how to workaround it here

Hmm - whatā€™s on the home page when itā€™s launched? I certainly recall the change from the basic interface of the original version to the spammy remake.

I have just stumbled upon this link ā€¦

Various panoramic stitching applications available for download (Win | Mac)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M5uo0mY0PxHBRcMOn2PUyoHxxD_7iu3i?usp=sharing

Hugin ( /PTGui - which both use the same engines, as I recall) is my go-to for ones that need manual intervention where ICE gets confused.

I have a high resolution pano edited in lightroom and then exported as jpeg. Trying to upload to Kuula but just is stuck on preparing forever. Low res no problem, but the high res file of 140mb is not working. Any idea?

Not sure. Have you tried PNG? Is your width no larger than 16384px?

Try panoee

No limits on file size

1 Like
1 Like

That confirms what I thought - no file size limit.

Exceeding the image pixel limits immediately creates a message and the image doesnā€™t upload at all.

1 Like

I have not tried PNG, but my width is fine. Will give it a shot tonight and see. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks. Will give panoee a try!

Any thoughts on PTGui?
Autopano got bought out by and then killed by GoPro so its not available now.

Perhaps read the whole thread and you shall find what you seek ;o)

2 Likes

Great images!
Did you use a pano function for the 360 image? Thereā€™s always quite a bit of bald sky with my Mini 2 spherical panos and I was wondering how youā€™d completed the sphere.
Many thanks.