Introduction from Edinburgh

Good morning from Edinburgh .
The sun is shining and the winds are gentle so it’s a quick cycle to Portobello for some more hyperlapse footage .

Had a Mavic Air for 6 months but it seems through work and weather to have been hibernating over winter .

Followed Ian in London for some great tips and started flying around Castles in the Lothians area using Shotcut to edit videos and Windows movie maker to add titles and stick music ( any tips for getting decent copyright free music are welcome ) .

Started experimenting with Litchi for waypoints around Castles with some good results , well worth a try .

Next thing I’ll be experimenting with is drone Hyperlapse and also Litchi Magic Leash .

3 Likes

Hi James / @Dedpunx. And a (proper) welcome to GADC.

A large number of members are also Mavic Air owners, so if you have any questions ask away over on #questions-and-answers and someone with the relevant knowledge will be happy to offer advice.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi…

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

There have been a couple of recent threads about music that you may find helpful …

Adding music

Music for vids

Welcome aboard.

Welcome James enjoy this place members are extremely helpful
@OzoneVibe Dave is kindly going to show me how to use litchi when i get some time off and he has time

1 Like

Yes @scorps - indeed - lots been happening recently, and weather not been conducive, either - I’ve almost not been flying since end of Feb - other than one attempt at a foggy morning when the fog can’t have received the invitation.
Need to think of a mutually convenient venue, too. :thinking:
Although, the Magic Leash that @Dedpunx mentioned is a separate app for the drone to follow you, rather that mad-hat missions for miles over water. :wink:

1 Like

:wink::+1:

Welcome to the site, have fun enjoy, fly safe :+1:

Walked through Portobello today and it felt very windy on the shore! Mavic Pro would have been fine but my fingers would have been cold so didn’t fly.

The weather turned really quickly, by the time my son and I had our bikes out and reached the beach it was blowing a gale .
No flying today just numb fingers and noses .

Hey chap,

Welcome to the group.

I am out in Livingston if you ever fancy a meet up. I have M2P and a Phantom 4 Pro. I have been up the Carron Valley and down to the Borders to St Mary’s Loch.

Good luck.

G.

Cheers . I’ll keep this in mind . Thanks for the welcome . hi