MacBook - setting default app to preview .DNG files

Then too realise, not all the drivers had installed so you had to do it again, by then you’d gone Bankrupt :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Plus my Wi-Fi is running slow with everything connected too it, plus next door has probably hacked in :smiley: that’s my excuse anyway .

If you really need software to sort your photos try adobe bridge. That is actually free!

Otherwise my recommendation with folders is year/month/shoot

If you can be arsed, get into tagging your photos metadata with keywords. Makes them tons easier to find.

2 Likes

That came with my sub but not installed that yet but it’s sitting there with a couple of other bits.

I’ve kinda done that-ish :+1:t2: thanks for your advice

I think if you right click on the DNG file, you can set a preference as to what program you want to open it with, PS should be in the list, select that, and then whenever you click a DNG. Photoshop should automatically open it

I worked that out, only 8 hrs later :scream::smiley:

My workflow is…

4 folders :
Raw Video
Raw Photo
Adjusted Video
Adjusted Photo

Within each these I have the following folder structure :
Year-Month-Day / Drone (be it Mini 2 Mini 3 pro or Air 2s in my case)

Plus a folder for final video render.

Probably not the best but helps me keep things sorted from each flight as I tend to get behind on editing.

Then I have a seperate Raspberry Pi Plex server serving the final videos and photos.

Select one of the images, option-I, I think it’s(get info from file menu),up pops a window and looks for ‘open this file with…’ and select the app you want to open this with and then select apply to all

1 Like

Yes, I’m no where near videos yet, so it’s ……

DRONE FOLDER
PLACE YEAR MONTH DAY
EDIT
HDR
RAW

But the folder collapses or folders in one folder so too speak .

I see people mention those :point_up:t2: I have never looked in too it, what are they.

Don’t even think about it.

That’s what I thought, since I’ve been part of the forum, I always wondered when I see people mention them, just never looked it up I guess.

Don’t even think about it.

Fix your Mac first.

Don’t worry about the Raspberry Pi yet, they’re harder to find than a Ninja air fryer :smiley:

1 Like

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I’ve turned google off

That’s sorted :pray:t2:

I take it there good then, what ever they are :scream::joy:

Help me decide on this product: Best Price Square SBC, RASPBERRY PI 3 - MOD B, 1GB RAM RASPBERRYPI3-MODB-1GB By RASPBERRY-PI https://amzn.eu/d/i822wTv

Curiosity killed the cat :smiley: don’t look nothing special, 1 GB etc etc

@clinkadink you our Pi expert arnt you :joy:

Yep…yep that’s the one I meant :smirk: