Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom Chat

I’m sure it will.

But, my experience of DJI warranty was to send it back for a suspect gimbal and get a humungous quote for replacing parts that weren’t anything to do with the gimbal (3 arms, 2 motors, other “bits”), were perfectly OK, and have remained perfectly OK … means I wouldn’t be that worried.

If I want Hasselblad and Zoom … it’s the cheapest way to achieve it. That’s all.

A shame they haven’t designed it as a user swappable item. I think the takeup would have been massive …. even on a “buy one of them now, and buying the other camera/gimbal later” basis.

Edit: In a way, I’m glad they didn’t do this. I would have seriously struggled to resist, and I’d have been far more seriously unable to justify/afford! LOL

4 Likes

For someone who’s not interested you have done your homework :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, but will they sell you just the camera.
Or are we going to get forced into send them in for the mod!
There begs a question?.
Can you order the MP2 and the other camera, at the same time?

And do the keep the other when you swap

I would say no, that camera belongs to you.
You’ve bought it !

1 Like

I say you cannot have both
Kerching

Beside, if you go from the Pro to the zoom, should they refund you the difference?

1 Like

Most DJI parts are available from China on eBay within a few weeks. Months at most. So you just buy the second camera/gimbal.

2 Likes

True !

The whole point would be to have the option of both any time.

Exactly !

I don’t expect to be going to the Space Station any time soon … that doesn’t preclude me from reading up on it and knowing a fair bit. The two are not connected.

2 Likes

They certainly missed a big marketing point.
Should have made them hot swappable.

2 Likes

Oh yeah!

I would take a few extra air tanks with you @OzoneVibe
And, some sealing tape !

I’d be on the launch pad before they finished the question “Would you like to go to the ……. //gone//”

1 Like

Major Tom to Ground control

2 Likes

Ignition !, ( brown trail, at the rear!) Blast Off !

1 Like

They should have just done the thing GoPro did with the karma that was in the rumour mill, removable camera and removable gimbal, waterproof camera, 60fps 4K. Then GoPro then released the Hero 6 you could slot it straight into the gimbal to replace the 5. Getting a free handheld gimbal/grip would really be a driver. It’s a big part of why I bought a Karma.