Mavic Air stuck in a tall tall tree, any tips?

That could be epic! Trying a few things this evening to see if I can get it out, plus a tree surgeon coming to have a look, failing those, you may earn your rescue badge!!

1 Like

HA HA HA agreed :smile:

1 Like

There’s one if you rescue your own…

For others maybe GOOD SAMARITAN needs to be added :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s gunna piss it down Friday.

"Climb Forest, climb "

Happy to pop up later if needed to field at slip in case it falls

1 Like

Spin the props lol

1 Like

Worked for you mate :laughing:
Was that at Rugby, Leamington ??

Yeah. Blew up my unify 32 pro hv

You’ll never believe what was on the floor underneath the tree when I went up there just now!
Drone on the floor, still turns on, arms still there, not even a rotor broken!

Yet to see if it flies yet but fingers crossed!

Wasted the tree surgeons time though!!

Thanks everyone for your support and advice, will post the final video up here later (hopefully)

14 Likes

Great news

1 Like

I must admit, I was kind of looking forward to the rescue mission videos with other drones and pieces of string etc

2 Likes

Well - there’s a new tip for the next person.

Impersonate Sir Isaac Newton and sit under the Drone Tree overnight. :+1:

Glad you got it back. :+1:

3 Likes

I know, me too.

Anyone else up for crashing their drones?!

Great news, so pleased for you :grinning: :grinning:

2 Likes

Is this place good just to turn up and fly? Are there any live hazzards like dog walkers or livestock?

I was, once a kid, but now I’ve a bit more common sense, not much cos I’m a paraglider pilot. (I lost a very good school friend at 16 when she was doing gymnastics from a branch, it hit her square in the chest and stopped her heart…instantly, I’ve never forgotten her, and visit her grave, just to let her know that 40 years later, someone still remembers)

2 Likes

Great news. And very lucky.

I was shit scared of going on the ‘big one’ at Blackpool, and I was sat in and seatbelted in a carriage, so you won’t get me up there…no sir.
To be fair tho, I did go on it last year after much persuasion that risking my life on a roller coaster supervised by a bored snotty nosed teenager who was busy texting on his phone 90% of the time to notice anything, and on minimum wage is perfectly safe!!! It was so much fun I went on another 2 goes.

2 Likes

Theres the odd dog walker, and occasional cows or sheep but pretty much empty most of the time. Fields are used for farming. I’d recommend!

1 Like