My Mini 3 Pro is being sent to Dji for a warranty issue

@gunja99

mate of yours, is he? :smiley:

no worries will do.

Yours is Bernard? Nice. Mine’s Kevin. We’ve had three or four different DPD drivers and they’re always Kevin. I wonder if that’s a regional thing their system defaults to… :rofl:

Jason here in Sherburn in Elmet, even when he’s on holiday, last one was a woman called Jason according to the tracking info

Gender assumption?

Could have a point, although her shirt said Tina if I remember

I’ve put this in the For Sale section saying FREE TO A GOOD HOME, but the post has not been accepted for some reason even though I am a paying member I should be able to post adverts and in any case I don’t want any money for it.

So what happened is this today I’ve received back my Mini 3 Pro from Dji. it was a brand new sealed box, and it had a new serial number and in fact the controller didn’t recognise it until I paired it again and also had to re-latch it to the existing Care/Refresh screen.

The battery and the RC are my own they weren’t swapped or changed.

Together with this lot they sent me a free black Tote bag which I have no use for it and I am happy to send it to anyone who wants it. Free of charge I’ll even pay the postage, 2nd class of course.

Here it is, if you want it, pm me. Cheers

So this is what arrived today from Dji

Namely

All listings will be checked for compliance before being made publicly visible.

ok

One last note just so you all know this too, 2 days ago when they reported the fault they told me they would swap the gimbal arm and the camera unit on the existing drone, right? but when I received the drone today it was a sealed box, new not refurb with all the factory seals on the gimbal and camera as you can see in the pics I posted above.

I thought this was still my old Mini 3 just in a new box with the seals attached but when I powered it on and attempted to connect it with the RC controller, the controller did not find it and it asked me to say yes to look for available aircraft, I clicked ok and then it suggested me to pair it. I paired it, found out that both needed a new firmware update and then checked the serial number in the “About” section of the RC controller and realised they were completely different.

So I have emailed Dji and asked for clarification, as I was told I’d receive the same one with a new front end, so to speak and this is their reply

Refurb units also come like this

@milkmanchris did you or did you not read the email confirmation from Dji?

Yes I know that they still send refurb units with seals on, but I wanted to double-check with the Dutch lot and they confirmed it was a new one that they sent me not a flipping refurb

Stop winding me up! :joy: :rofl: :laughing:

I did and I’m sure new wasn’t mentioned (unless I read it wrong)

yeah you’re right actually it doesn’t say, I’ve just re-read it myself, although this really looks pristine and unused, I’l live with it, I’ve tested the gimbal and it doesn’t do the error that my previous one did, so at least it’s working well.

For those of you who followed the saga of my 2 months old Mini 3 with a faulty gimbal that was replaced by Dji under warranty without affecting my Care / Refresh scheme, this is the one that went to an UK outlet, and was quickly resolved, when Dji inspected it and found a faulty gimbal Arm, and sent me back a sealed box, with all the seals around the gimbal and camera looking like a new one but we don’t know if it was a refurb.

Fact is with the rainy weather I had not been able to test the drone outdoors, only in my living room and as you all know when it’s indoors it disables the obstacle avoidance when it can’t get any satellite.

But both yesterday and this morning I tried it in the garden when there was a break in the clouds and the drone will not land on the pad for love nor money in either Cine Mode or Normal Mode, it would only land in Sport mode when the obstacle avoidance it’s turned off.

I went online again with their live chat person, and they asked me to do all kinds of tests, like re- binding, then IMU calibration, stick calibrations on the RC, all kind of firmware refresh and try again and no joy so, this one is also going back to be replaced straight away this time they will do an express service without need for me to wait until they check the one I am sending back.

So there you go, bad luck is what it is, bad. Patience is a virtue and I am good at that.

Peace and love to you all

Interestingly enough this is going by UPS express straight to The Netherlands

@PingSpike this one is not going to the vape shop in Nottingham, would you adam & eve it? :smiley:

Probably get done properly this time :wink:

Like it

@milkmanchris

To be fair the previous one only stayed in UK a day and it was sent Holland anyway because I got a call from a Dutch caller to ask me what was wrong with mine
But I guess you know I never answer a foreign call