New boy here saying hello

I just thought I’d poke my nose around the door to say hello to everyone.
New boy here. Based in Merseyside and proudly flying an Autel Robotics, Evo drone.
Anyone local to me?
I probably don’t need to ask what the majority fly. It will be DJI no doubt. Lol

3 Likes

Hi Gary, and a big welcome to GADC, yes, i think the majority here own a DJI of some description.
Autel is a rare breed here, but, someone will no doubt pop their head up to being an owner.

Hi Gary / @Gary1 , and welcome to GADC … again. :wink:

You are correct, the ownership is predominantly DJI - but you are no less welcome for that. Always good to have other opinions on things.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll get an idea if there are other members in your neck of the wood.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map : Members’ Location Map - A Guide)

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Hello and welcome @Gary1

Welcome Gary @Gary1

Hey @Gary1 I want to hear all about your non DJI drone! Any good? What can it do etc post some pics and vids! And welcome!

https://youtu.be/s3Nxn8LdMoQ

There you go sir. These should give you an indication. The Evo has the latest Sony sensor. It’s 12 megapixel. Crucially it records 4k at 60 fps. Range is about four miles. Flying speed. Anything from 2mph in precision mode to 45mph in ludicrous mode. The normal flying speed is around 22mph. There is no geo-fencing. So no NFZs. Battery life. They say 30 mins. In reality it’s about 25. It has an oled screen built in to the controller so you don’t need a phone / tablet to fly it.
Can’t think of anything more yet. Hope you enjoy the vids. Any more questions about the Evo. Just ask.

5 Likes

Your challenge …. should you accept it ….

1 Like

Thank you. I look forward to being an active (ish) member. Always willing to both help and learn.

Thank you. I’m looking forward to being an active(ish) member. Always willing to both help and learn.

Thank you sir.

Hello and thank you sir.

Hi Rob
Welcome to the madhouse I’m sure you will be on here every day checking out what we rant on about… shit usually
I live not a million miles away in bolton and glad to meet up (weather permitting) probably half way
Say the Dream at Sutton manor

Hi. I went to the “Dream” in St Helens the other week. (Or the Cock on the hill as we call it when driving past it on the motorway) to be honest it didn’t turn out that great. The sun shone directly on the face of the statue and bleached out all its features. Lesson learnt. Go early in the morning next time before the sun comes up properly.

There you go. Not the greatest thing I’ve ever produced. But I’m still very much on that learning curve

4 Likes

yeh I nearly crashed with laughing first time ! past that on the motorway

That’s some nice dynamic range!!! And stable too!

Thanks for sharing Gary! I enjoyed that! You’ve opened my eyes to a world beyond DJI :slight_smile:

Thank you. I’m obviously going to be biased because I own an Autel Evo. But I honestly think there is nothing to match it at its price point. Around £900 delivered with an extra battery. Plus Autel Robotics customer care is excellent ! DJI (in my humble opinion) just can’t compete.

2 Likes

Could you not use a filter or adjust the aperture? To stop the white out

If you tap on the screen with the Autel Evo it automatically adjusts it for you. I never knew this til after I had been there.