Pano-Mania #1 - (aka The Great Pano Thread)

Now it looks like it should look from the start :smiley:

Thank you so much @kvetner

6 Likes

Move your panoramas over to this thread - which is the panorama equivalent to The Daily Photo Thread.

2 Likes

Sorry my mistake :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

A link to more info : The Daily Photo Thread - #2551 by OzoneVibe

Sant’ Agata di Puglia

2 Likes

Talking of long-after-the-event pano stitching (as I was in the link in the previous post) … I just remembered that I took a sequence of pics on the P2 mounted GoPro Hero3 Black, way back in June 2014, whist in Sardinia.

A bit more work needed on these … with fish-eye correction needed to each of the 10 pics.

And - with a bit of (very) artificial sky and land infills, it’s not looking totally naff in Kuula, either. :+1:

3 Likes

Pano from this evening…

6 Likes

Hilarious :joy:

That sky and sunset :drooling_face::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Some panos found lurking around in the laptop

2 from yesterday

4 Likes

5 Likes

A few from this evening:

3 Likes

Thought I’d resurrect this thread instead of posting just another Drax pano.

Mini 2 straight from the drone, added a little bloom and HDR filters in Kuula.

2 Likes

Just had a first go at uploading a Mavic Mini 360 pano to Kuula and below is the result:

It was a quick test, shot with the Mini in auto so the exposure differences are obvious at the join. I have a couple of questions.
Is it possible to make the horizon straight?
The bottom of the pano is quite distorted. Should I fly higher or hover over an area that does not have so much detail?

Any other comments/pointers very welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Yes there is a setting on the Kuula page ‘Level Correction’ that should maybe fix the distortion at the bottom too

There is also the option to hide the stitching line

1 Like

Thanks Chris.

I tried that but it just seemed to rotate the whole image. I will try again with it to see if I can improve it. Ticking the 'stitch line
box doesn’t seem to get rid of it at all.

I will try again but thanks for the pointers.

There may have been an issue with the image stitching, that’s also affecting the horizon.

The straight down view shows the problem … where it all seems rather pinched together.

Also, take a look at : Interactive 360 Panoramas - How To Post on GADC : where you can achieve an interactive image here that is larger and have some other effects added, than by just posting the Kuula URL.

Yours would look like this …

1 Like

Either way - the Bird’s Eye Viewer Badge has been added to your profile. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Dave, I will take a look.

By the way, I noticed you put up a 360 of Lymington Quay. Are you from there? I grew up there til age 18 (Mum lived there until she died in 2016) and used to spend loads of time along the river both out towards Keyhaven and upwards towards Boldre. Small world.

1 Like

Live in the area - Southampton (airport, almost!) - but spend a lot of time along the coast between here and Portland.

1 Like

Ice, snow and a bit of flood from Peterborough.

1 Like