PfCO / A2 CofC - Advice

Hi Stephen, moved your post here, loads of advice around the same subject.

Simple questions:

• do you want to fly close than 50m to people with your MA2? The A2 CofC doesn’t allow that, that’s currently only possible if a PfCO or OA covers it
  • do you want to fly in residential, industrial, commercial or recreational areas, staying at least 50m clear horizontally from people? If so, that’s what the A2 CofC is for (until the end of 2020 anyway)

Thank you I have just signed up for A2 just need same rules I fly with now

Not quite the same though, still restrictive around (above) people.

So what do i get for A2

Please scroll up and read all the posts in this thread.

And also in this thread: Drone and Model Aircraft Code: updated for 2021

All the answers have been provided many times over.

I think I get what you are on about I’m not the sharpest tool in the box I try stay away from people anyway :+1:

Save your £99 then ;o)

I thought it was a new law sorry my bad lmao

I can fly in field and not bother with £9 a year your never going to get a copper any how

That’s the risk you take :wink:

Damn ANPR cost people hundreds

1 Like

Thats it mate gives you no value :wink:

I have just taken the online course with UAVHUB and found the information it provided and the way it was communicated to be very good. I certainly learned one or two things I had not even thought about before. I am just waiting for the weekend to be over so that I can book my exam, so fingers crossed.

Even if I were to fail the exam and not get the qualification (not that I expect to as I have taken the mock x6 times so far with 93%, 97% and then x4 100%) I still think the course was worth it (for me) for the extra knowledge I have gleaned and the extra safety aspects I will now consider.

8 Likes

Nice mate, just done my mock, 2 x 97% and 2 x 100% :+1:

Just signed my declaration too and waiting to receive the email.

Very indepth learning, maybe to indepth… particularly the parts about fixed wing. Although handy to know if your geeky :nerd_face: I’m not flying that.
Was shocked however at Matts personal story about the seagull in Baghdad. :fearful: certainly brings home the severity of what can happen.

All in all though very pleased so far. Fingers crossed for the test.

4 Likes

Good luck mate. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Quick question, what is the pass % for the test?

1 Like

80% mate, for the mock anyway :+1: I’d assume the test is the same.

Cheers! I’m just about to start the meteorology section!

1 Like

The real exam is taken from a pool of 40 questions - all of which are in the mocks if you do them enough. However the options are not in the same order!

1 Like

BTW - I got 100% in my exam!

Took me 7 minutes however :joy: :joy:

What I did learn in this process is that each education facility writes their own questions.

3 Likes