PfCO / A2 CofC - Advice

So what do i get for A2

Please scroll up and read all the posts in this thread.

And also in this thread: Drone and Model Aircraft Code: updated for 2021

All the answers have been provided many times over.

I think I get what you are on about I’m not the sharpest tool in the box I try stay away from people anyway :+1:

Save your £99 then ;o)

I thought it was a new law sorry my bad lmao

I can fly in field and not bother with £9 a year your never going to get a copper any how

That’s the risk you take :wink:

Damn ANPR cost people hundreds

1 Like

Thats it mate gives you no value :wink:

I have just taken the online course with UAVHUB and found the information it provided and the way it was communicated to be very good. I certainly learned one or two things I had not even thought about before. I am just waiting for the weekend to be over so that I can book my exam, so fingers crossed.

Even if I were to fail the exam and not get the qualification (not that I expect to as I have taken the mock x6 times so far with 93%, 97% and then x4 100%) I still think the course was worth it (for me) for the extra knowledge I have gleaned and the extra safety aspects I will now consider.

8 Likes

Nice mate, just done my mock, 2 x 97% and 2 x 100% :+1:

Just signed my declaration too and waiting to receive the email.

Very indepth learning, maybe to indepth… particularly the parts about fixed wing. Although handy to know if your geeky :nerd_face: I’m not flying that.
Was shocked however at Matts personal story about the seagull in Baghdad. :fearful: certainly brings home the severity of what can happen.

All in all though very pleased so far. Fingers crossed for the test.

4 Likes

Good luck mate. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Quick question, what is the pass % for the test?

1 Like

80% mate, for the mock anyway :+1: I’d assume the test is the same.

Cheers! I’m just about to start the meteorology section!

1 Like

The real exam is taken from a pool of 40 questions - all of which are in the mocks if you do them enough. However the options are not in the same order!

1 Like

BTW - I got 100% in my exam!

Took me 7 minutes however :joy: :joy:

What I did learn in this process is that each education facility writes their own questions.

3 Likes

ditto …just signed declaration now waiting for Exam … I agree with the bit about fixed wing

1 Like

Yup, 80% for the exam as well. If you can get 100% in the mock over and over again, you’ll pass no problem, unless you’ve got a memory like, what do you call them orange fishy things that swim in the wet stuff?

2 Likes

octopus :slight_smile:

I’ve just started the UAVHUB A2 CofC course, which appears to be excellent. Very well presented and easy to follow, really enjoying it, although during a post-lunch dip I did fall asleep during one module!

There is mention of 120 metres distance along with the obvious 120 metres altitude. However, I just did a test over the field with my Mini2 and it was clearly visible until around 230 metres. At 200 metres I could look away and look back and find it but at 230 metres, once I had looked away it was difficult to find again.

So I would be happy to say I had VLOS at 200 metres. With a strobe strapped to the back I could probably stretch that a bit.

Which is the distance limit, the advised or the actual?

1 Like