South East England Meet-up | Saturday 24th February | Rochester ME3 | 09:30 until rain stop play

Intro
Everyone welcome. FPV’er, Camera Drones or even people who not a got a drone yet. No drone police, but do not be an arsehole rule applies.

New drone for Christmas ?
Want to try other drones ?
Want to chase a wing ?

Bring Grey Arrows name badges (if you have them)
Bring tea, coffee and refreshements.
Bring snacks.
Bring batteries.
Bring spares!
Bring a chair!

No Drone
Still welcome. I plan to bring my DJI Mavic Mini and my analogue FPV whoop. Either set can be used by anyone. Both I have crashed multiple times.

Disclaimer
Warning: Very weather dependant.
Cancellation criteria: if chance of rains greater than 25% or chance of winds over 15 mph. And/or shit happens.
Also not visited this location since October.
About 1 in 4 meet-ups planned end up being cancelled.

Date
Saturday 24th February.
I plan to be there around 09:30 am plan to leave around 15:00 Date fairly fixed for myself
Think of it as half-time, between now (Jan) and Big Meet 2024 (June?)

First one of the year - so gone with tried and trusted location, rather than novel.
Car Park: what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location
Flying spot for take and and landing: what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location

Exit the car park on right, kept to the right and follow the footpath. The very friendly park ranger can be feed with cookies. The golf course and bowls club have closed. Only the odd dog walker.

Poll

Possible Attendance
  • Come rain or shine, I will be there
  • Fair weather and a fair wind, I will be there
  • If the stars align, I might just make it
  • Alas, something more important than drone flying (WTF??)
  • sorry, I’m an arsehole - see intro ( :wink: )
0 voters

@group-southeast @RestlessZombi @smudge202 @DrDave @ANDMUL @Riccar @doctormako @BadManners @Stewrat @swifthalf @MrE2E @Camera-On @liberfly

4 Likes

Other times
I may head to Knockholt what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location between now and then. Depending upon weather and/or getting a replacement drone. Good place, but only 1 of 3 for the criteria below.

Other locations
I plan to continue to scout other places for potential meet-ups in 2024. Potentials:

Criteria
Suggestions for other future locations very welcome - looking for:-

1. Near-by toilets (Hoo above has some in bowling club - if you bring cookies for ranger)
  2. Accessible for all mobilities - i.e no gates or fences to climb over.
  3. Space - Able to fly 5inch FPV drones and camera drones. not too crowded.
1 Like

:thinking:

:wink:

Copy and paste! Lazy gets punished! Now amended - ta.

1 Like

Add that to the fleet ;o)

Not quick enough already edited.
Insert joke about over stating my inches…

:frowning_face:

Think I’ll put myself down as a maybe on that one (and Danson Park if you set anything up there).

Broadmarsh, Farley and Knockholt all look good if you do set something up for any/all of those. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks for organising another southern meet-up Brendan :smiley:

2 Likes

Not forgotten! And I am hoping to be in possession of a driving licence by March. Just need not to keel over with a heart problem and my implanted defib to kick in. If the doctors are satisfied that I’m alive and the device has been quiet for six months since being put in I can request my licence from DVLA.

I want to go and speak to the Portakabin-based boat club down there to see if they have any facilities and if so can we rent them? The site itself is easy access from London down the A3, west via M27 east via the A27 and midlands A34 / M27. Train service is good too.

2 Likes

I think the saturday is 2nd of March

David

F&*K sake I did it again… How they actually pay me at work is a miracle.
(But I am off sick)

Please dont!

Would be very nice. We can offer to share media/photo/video of some boats ?

I’ll really try to make this one :smiley:

Sorry, sorry sorry - @jedpause @ANDMUL @Steviegeek @smudge202 @Camera-On . Could not organise a piss-up in a brewery. Promise last change - Saturday 24th February.

Not my fault, the football fixtures changed from yesterday, due to 2024 AFC Asian Cup. AFC Wimbledon | Fixtures and Results | Football Web Pages.
It’s home match against the franchise team that may involve alot of boo-ing.

I will let you know if I can come after the next 2 changes

David

For any fellow preppers/more money than sense, here are my “non-essential items” which I’ve added to my packing list since Knockholt in case these are of any use to anyone (links provided are in several cases just first result on amazon instead of one I bought because there won’t be much in it so check reviews/ask if unsure) :joy:

Couple optional extra extras:

• Big picnic blankets are handy too so everyone can lay out gear / have somewhere to park themselves when there’s inevitably not enough chairs
  • Sunglasses (handy for staring up at bright sky looking for drones)
2 Likes

Great, thanks for organising. With a bit of luck I’ll have an Avata by then :slight_smile:

Nice! A healthy Christmas upgrade ?

Not far from me so apart from the weather I shall be there with my drones.

Saving up my Christmas pressy dosh :slight_smile: