The Daily Photo Thread

Tyndale monument, North nibley, Gloucestershire

16 Likes

Chris you don’t actually need permission from them. You get permission from the CAA by filling in this form.
https://applications.caa.co.uk/CAAPortal/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=BAL
When i did mine at Heysham, i did this then as a matter of courtesy i let the powerstation know, and treated it like an airport letting them know when i was taking off and when i was landing. They could the let the Nuclear Constabulary know. I also let the local police know.

Thanks Steve, I wasn’t aware of this form. Good info :+1:

No worries, hope you get to use it.

1 Like

some pics from today got the Mini3 pro and Air3 in the air today

11 Likes

Here’s my shot of the Tyndale Monument. You can see the Severn Bridges in the far left and the Breacon Beacons on the horizon to the right.

And from there 10km to the west to Wotton-under-Edge BT Tower

13 Likes

Uleybury hill fort, Gloucestershire

18 Likes

I was doing a photo-shoot in Dundee this evening so after it I nipped over the Tay Bridge to Tayport Harbour hoping for a two masted vessel of some kind. Nothing doing though, but I did get some lovely late evening light over the harbour with a hint of a rainbow on the horizon.

Tayport Harbour, Fife - Mavic 3 Classic - 5 image HDR processed in LR.

22 Likes

I lived in Nailsworth for almost 10 years , just up the road from Uley, this brought back fond memories. I wonder if the brewery is still brewing

https://uleybrewery.com/

1 Like

@Drumsagard another great shot John, so lucky up there, spoilt for choice… in between the rain that is :grin:

1 Like

Cheers Colin :+1: Yep, got to keep avoiding those heavy summer showers.

Victoria Tower, castle Hill
Huddersfield

13 Likes

probably my last ever flight.
so got these with the mini 3 pro

oh! i meant my last ever flight this month.

:rofl: :crazy_face: :rofl:

12 Likes

I took the GADC box trailer to Didmarton Bluegrass Festival at Cotwolds Airport (RAF Kemble) after work today, as they have invited me back to film (land and air) this year.

It has been chucking it down with rain since 5 pm, but I managed to snap these during a 10 minute break in the weather. Looking mostly clear and sunny from tomorrow, so hopefully will have better photos.

Most of the visitors arrive tomorrow, so far, it’s just the early birds so they get a decent pitch.

P.S. spot the GADC box trailer :wink:

11 Likes

I can’t spot the GADC trailer, but I think I can spot an AutoSleeper Symbol from 100m :thinking:

3 Likes

Looks so small

7 Likes

I’ll take that as a compliment, since I’m inside :joy:

I don’t recall it being that shape …

Picture not clear enough to see if the door is strapped shut. Can you get out ok.

I visualise a scene from lassie in 2023. Drone flies across fields to people, flaps about in the wind. Person says… “what??? Chris is trapped in the trailor”