The Great Big GADC 5th Birthday and Treasure Hunt Challenge!

Unfortunately Colin we are unable to award you a DS bonus as your new pin is not at least 1km from an existing pin for the same subject.

Great Kuula 360 image though, 4 points awarded :+1:t2:

1. A Static Caravan Site.
    24 or more mobile homes✔️
    All pitches occupied :heavy_check_mark:
    5 or more with green roofs✔️

Billing Aquadrome, this morning using Mini 2, flown from outside site from Station Road, Little Houghton. At 6.30am 30/07/22
    4 points please
1 Like

taken today 30/07/22 at 545am, using Mini 2 ,took off from End of Paterson way, near the railway bridge, seems that despite all the strikes going on this yard was still functioning fine
4 points please

1. A Freight train (standard gauge rail)
    More than 20 wagons✔️
    All the same type of wagon :heavy_check_mark:
    All have the same logo :heavy_check_mark:
    Two trains parked together at GRS rail head, Wellingborough, logos visible on side of wagon GBRf
1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Unfortunately the below looks an awful lot like an empty pitch so we will have to deny you the “All pitches occupied” bonus point.

Other than that, well over 24 caravans and plenty of green roofs to be seen.

3 points awarded.

TBH this site is huge inevitably there’s going to be empty spots randomly around :rofl:

St Michael’s Church, Kirkham

Flight conducted in the Warton FRZ, permission below:

5 points please.

1 Like

We’ve been engaged in some deliberation and although we’re content that there are more than 20 wagons of the same type, it’s not possible to definitively see that all of the wagons carry the same logo.

So unfortunately, 3 points only in this case.

(We’ve also merged your 2 posts together in light of the issues you had uploading your photo initially)

It’s only inside the FRZ by a whisker, but that absolutely fits the brief.

5 points duly awarded :+1:

1 Like

Yeah i copied from Facebook as after endless attempts it was easier to copy from there. I can try again later with the original from the card but don’t think the logo was crystal clear

1 Like

Cave Castle Hotel and Country Club, South Cave, East Yorkshire
Mini 2 29/7/22 16:50

9. A Country house hotel (Website or guide book entry to prove)

• Marquee erected on lawn
  • Series Landrover or Defender in car park
  • Drone Scene entry

Whilst it’s a pretty amazing property, they’d been very inconsiderate in packing away the Marquee before I got there.
Also, not one of the Country Club members has brought their Land Rover Series or Defender !! …

2 points please:

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Whilst we understand that you had issues uploading the original image this morning, we would direct your attention to the rule below:

Your entry has already been submitted, accepted and scored so the image cannot now be substituted.

We would remind all competitors that we are just over a quarter of the way through this competition. There is still plenty of time for entries to be submitted. If you’re not 100% happy with your entry, we would encourage you to delay submitting until you are.

As the old adage goes…

1 Like

Goole Marina, Goole, East Yorkshire

24. A Marina (for boats) - website or guidebook showing name includes “Marina”

• Both sailing boats and power boats moored to the jetties
  • Drone Scene entry

With @john768 grabbing the Hull Marina DroneScene marker, the next closest Marina I could find was in Goole.
I got there only to find not one single sailing boat was moored to the jetties !!! The only one in the water was on the other side of the marina bank!!

2 points please:

Thanks for both of your entries Ximi, 4 points added to the scoresheet :+1:t2:

18. A Waterside Pub (no road between the pub and the water)

Admirals Landing Pub, next to Bridgwater Docks. Taken today with a Mini 3 Pro

5 red umbrellas - I do not think they need to be open (if they do I will withdraw & resubmit)

Pretty fine church spire in the background which was built in 1367 and is 114 feet high.

3 points claimed.

2 Likes

3 points awarded. Provided the colour (and the fact that they are umbrellas) is clear, we don’t discriminate between open and closed umbrellas :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Item entry 4. A Military site of either World War - wiki or website proof to be posted with your image

RAF Wyton, Cambridgeshire
Take 30/07/2022 @ 12:11 with DjiAir2S

I am claiming points for:-

• Aviation use in either war
  • Run as a tourist attraction (website or wiki entry to prove)
  • Gate guardian (an aircraft or vehicle “standing guard” at the entrance}
    Canberra PR9 ‘XH170’ which is RAF Wyton’s gate guardian
  • Drone Scene entry

Total of 5 point’s Pleases

1 Like

Great example of a Gate Guardian, 5 points added to scoresheet :+1:t2:

1 Like

9. A Country house hotel (Website or guide book entry to prove)

2 more points for me! :smiley:

Ok everyone… @group-challenges

benstiller-knowledge

From 00:01 Sunday 31 July any Drone Scene bonus claimed that does not provide clear information will not be awarded points.

What information do we need? As well as the subject - “A building” - an indication in the subject line as to where it is located. “A building, Newtown, Anyshire” makes it far easier for pilots following on from you to decide whether to check out the details to see if they would like to fly there.

And if they are interested? Think of the information that would have been useful to you. Where can you park. Is it an easy walk to the TOAL or is it up a steep hill? Can the flight only be done by a sub 250g drone? Are there any sensitive areas near the flightpath? Any hazards? Is there an after-flight cafe or pub nearby?

The competition lasts for seven weeks. Please take five minutes of that time to write a meaningful Drone Scene entry - one that you would have liked to read before you made the flight.

Item entry 11. A Bowling Green

Whittlesey Town Bowls Club
And
The New Crown Pub
(Whittlesey, Peterborough PE7 1QA)

Taken 30/07/2022 @14:04 with DJIM2

Claiming point’s for:-

Total of 5 point’s Please