Tiny whoop?

Circular polarised antennas are only for video. The xm+ is only for control.

Hope that helps

It does, but how would I find out the polarisation in the drone? Thanks!

Look at the video antenna. It should say left or right…

If it’s just a wire then it’s linear and polerisation doesn’t matter

Thanks!

So I ordered props, figured 8 should do. In the post this am came 8 packs of props!!

1 Like

@MadMossy and @callum , gearing up for a soldering session but just wanted to check…is this right? (And I can lose the white connector that doesn’t fit what came with the XM+)

Red, +5v
Black, GND
White SBUS

(SEE PHOTO).

1 Like

That bugs me. The square pad should be +ve. I thought that was the convention.

Square is always ground… or well should be

I thought that, but googled it. Must be different in different countries. Even an xt60 is square on the positive.

Should we take a vote on it before I commit the the thing to the flux?

I think red deff positive and black presumably ground therefore white sbus (whatever that is! )

Yeah that’s right. Sorry.

Ok here we go!

Yeah that’s right, snip the plug off and solder direct. Got any shrink wrap as well? worth using after your done with the soldering to protect the PCB.

1 Like

Great. Stage one complete! Got to lift the hood, plug in the buzzer (what’s the buzzer for? ) bind the receiver and possibly…just maybe…good to go…!

3 Likes

Buzzer is so you can find it in the grass. Your also going to need to connect it to a computer and configure betaflight.

Check out Joshua Bardwell on youtube for a complete setup guide

Yes I had forgotten about that…! Always one more step…

So obviously the 3s batteries I got are for a bigger drone. The connectors are the wrong size. Who knew? Me now! How do I make sure I get the right size batteries…?

1 Like

I assume one is xt60 and one is xt30. You can change the one on the quad to the same size as the battery. Welcome to buying the wrong stuff sometimes. We’ve all done it.

If your drone has a smaller connector it will be an XT30.

1300mAh 3S is a large battery for 3", what capacity is recommended for your quad?

Well, probably more like 750mah but I was finding it hard to find the right one, and figured the more mAh would mean just more flying time (compensating for weight)…same voltage though, so no harm would be done would it?