What sort of prizes would you like to see? 🤔

I know it’s a bit OT so apologies. But if they were in the GADC merch store I could see myself parting with some cash to compliment my hoody :thinking:

2 Likes

No apologies necessary for card carrying full throated supporters of this club!!!

Maybe a couple of small much less expensive runner up prizes would be nice too. ( sorry if already mentioned) like GADC merch or gift cards etc.

2 Likes

How about things like training courses, drone bags, clothes maybe with GADC logos, drone insurance?

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions Jim @Jimages :smiley:

These are all relatively cheap items though, would you buy a few tickets at £0.99 with a chance to win a prize worth £50 quid? :thinking:

Or would you rather invest (risk?) £1 to £2 on a prize worth £1,000? :thinking:

I would be more likely to enter a raffle, where there are secondary prizes as well as the big ticket item.
Is there a limit on the cost of a prize? Bump it up a bit, and an electric bike might be a good pull for encouraging participants, many locations involve quite a walk, so an easy way to get to where you want to fly would probably make a great prize.

2 Likes

Out of interest, been thinking about this everytime i see it(yeah me thinking what are the chances).
But where did the price come from, IE £1.49 a ticket :eyes:

8 Ace :wink:

Seriously? I aint read that for years :rofl:

The ticket prices of our competitions are based on the value of the prize, the estimated number of ticket sales, a bit of luck, a lot of judgement, and some secret sauce.

What are your thoughts Mick @Raider ? Too cheap? Too expensive? Just right? :thinking:

Same question to everyone really, not just Mick :blush:

1 Like

Personally I think their more than fair priced, given the value of the price of the item / items, it’s a gamble for you as much as us, any of us could end up taking loss, likewise yourself,
Like the old saying you only need one ticket to win, :clap:t2:
Hope I’ve worded that right :smiley:

1 Like

The price of a ticket is where you guys set it. £1.49 for the chance to win a grands worth of prize? But it’s not just about winning the prize for most of us, I don’t think. Its about supporting this place, the place you’ve been funding out of your own pocket for years. At least thats the way I see it?

6 Likes

That also goes without saying 100% :blush:

1 Like

Its about supporting this place,
:point_up: definitely this.

3 Likes

… too bloody right - one member just had a mishap which meant their drone wasn’t going to be available for an upcoming holiday - 3 members have already offered a loan of their own personal drones to cover the loss ----- £1.49 to support such a community — a total bargain :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

None DJI Drones something waterproof :thinking:

Rich @PingSpike , you see your asking me to think again, that will be twice this week ffs, tbh i would of expected more around the £2 mark, i’m sure some would not agree, but i put £2.50 on the euro’s and win fuck all :rofl: , but it’s like anything you have to be in it to win it, I just thought it was a strange amount :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Like a set of waders to go & look for my old drone :smiley:

Defiantly not :man_running:t2::dash::dash::dash:

This what you’re after Wayne?

Covers both bases mate, but I think I’ll give them a miss :rofl:

I love the idea of the mini 3 drone. I personally do not like using phone to fly. I would be happy to pay the difference and upgrade the controller to have a built in screen.

However… i will have a go at all the competitions to support the group.