Willington Power Towers - Saturday 2nd April

Yes, it turns out the Croc possibly came back broken from last weekend. I thought I’d just totalled the lens, but I’ve got nothing but white + OSD, so I’ll have to try and find out what’s up with it. I could possibly have done a cam swap with the Naz while I was still there but I was sulking. :grin:

The Naz possibly only needs a new XT60 connector on it.

The replacement flight stack for the Darwin is still winging (swimming) it’s way here from China.

Haha I know the feeling :laughing:
Ive not flown the towers yet (hopefully get around to it this year) but they seem to be a real destroyer of quads :grimacing: lol

I’ve vowed never to go back. :face_exhaling: :rofl:

Although on this occasion I don’t think it was anything to do with the location.

Yeah to be fair it looks like a total power failure :confused:
Did everyone else make it out quads intact? Or were there more casualties today?

I think most people were yet to turn up. Gunja99 was there. BigDog had just arrived. No-one had flown more than a couple of minutes. BogeyBlack didn’t fancy squeezing through the gap. :slight_smile:

Oh dear that did not look like fun, hope its not too bad. Jon& Denise :man_mage: :owl:

Hi, great to meet up earlier, sorry you didn’t have the best of days

No worries. You may have made the right decision. :grin:

Hey, going to try Shipley Park tomorrow morning. I have 3 drones fully charged don’t want to waste them

All 3 of my quads need work… The death towers… Let’s get em fixed for tomorrow’s fun!

Good to put some faces to names today @gunja99 @Yith @BigDog display those GADC stickers with pride

Shame we missed the best of the weather

2 Likes

Same here Chris and thanks for the sticker :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Well I think this speaks for its self, mind you that was my first tower dive

7 Likes

Casualties in order:

• ELRS TX antenna, pushed back in and taped up… worked fine for the rest of the day.
  • brand new Sdcard in thumb suddenly not recogised at all.
  • gecko… loads of jello immediately… stopped flying will hsve to take a look later.
  • finally… what stopped me flying. 5" decided to desync over concrete. Bits everywhere, but all parts that broke, except a battery strap, were 3d printed… I will fix it…

But… loads of dives into the towers and loads of trips up… all with good video. So a successful afternoon.

5 Likes

FPV graveyard

7 Likes

Nice video Nick, looks like a successful day out :star_struck: Ive definitely got to get up there sometime soon :grinning:

1 Like

5" rebuilt… just need new battery strap and camera mount designing and printing.

However Runcam Thumb… One of them has problems with SD cards. It appears to be the actual little pins on the really, really crap SD card slot. I’ve bent them back into position and it sort of works most of the time, but it’s not great!

Hi @Yith just sent you a message, not sure if it went, can you let us know if you got it please. Jon&Denise :man_mage: :owl: Thanks

1 Like

Whereabouts in Shipley Park? I’m pretty sure I checked it out as a potential location in the early days of Mini ownership, because it’s on my doorstep, and decided it wasn’t drone friendly.

Having said that, all my quads are down at the minute. I might be able to scrape together one good one from the wreckage…

1 Like

I was thinking of driving to the end of the new estate