Litchi chit-chat ... What's Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

I’ve been thinking about getting multiple fliers together with spotlights rather than strobes .
Co-ordinate between the pilots when they turn their spot lights on and off so that any observers will think they’re looking at alien spacecraft zooming across the sky .

2 Likes

Check out my flight over something with a little more zap, about 3km out at its furthest with only a slight drop in connection at the furthest point,

The biggest issue as @OzoneVibe has eluded to is actually hitting the things.

If you are using litchi and the mission is a big area does the system send the drone home for a new battery?

Low battery settings options work the same in Litchi as they do with Go4.

4 Likes

The mission clearly indicates the distance and how long it’ll take to fly it.

1 Like

The time estimate is actually very conservative.

Litchi Mission - Duration Times Inaccurate?

1 Like

That’s a good thing. i’d stick to the Litchi times for safety .

1 Like

If you use VLM, and providing you set the cruise speed within that (if you’re waypoints use Cruise Speed), the result in Google Earth is very accurate.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies. I think I need to buy it and study it.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this is allowed, but downloaded litchi for free through “apkmirror”. Haven’t used it yet but everything seems OK so far. Just wait until I use it and loose my spark forever. :slightly_frowning_face:

What you won’t get, I doubt, is syncing between devices and the ability to plan on a large laptop/PC screen … probably it’s best asset … and hence the additional (and useful) functions that can provide.

I’m not averse to a little high seas software, but given the cost of litchi and the continual improvements and community I was happy to pay on this occasion.

Good as an evaluation though to see how you get on.

Probably the best value-for-money item I’ve bought since getting the MP, I reckon.

Let’s face it - the first significant use is scary enough when it’s kosher … I’m pretty sure I’d not bother using it from unknown origins.

1 Like

Yup… once you’ve done one decent mission, you won’t look back.

Do I have to use the USB cable from controller to phone to use litchi app?

Just use as you’d use GO4

I can’t seem to Connect it. How do u do it please? Wanna make sure I’m doing it rite.

Android or iOS?

Have you already connected using Go4 on the device?

I’m on android, I was connected to go4 the. Tried loading litchi. Was just showing “disconnected”

Go to the phone’s Settings > Apps > Go4 > Open by Default … and clear the defaults.

Then, when you have the RC connected to the phone and switch on, in future, you will be asked which app to use … Go4/Litchi… with the Always/Just Once options

Only select “just once” for either app - otherwise it sets the default.

1 Like