New Year Meet - 2023 - CALLED OFF DUE TO THE WEATHER

@notveryprettyboy and I are thinking it would be good to have a New Year Meet to blow away the residual alcohol fumes from Christmas and provide another opportunity for a social meet-up, always a good thing :smiley:
In my younger days at Rubery Owen motoring club we used to have a ā€˜Slithering Santasā€™ autotest on a skidpan at Boxing Day, fantastic day, soooo much fun

Weā€™ll stick our necks out and say New Yearā€™s Day (thatā€™s the first of January by the way LOL)

So we need a venue. Accepting that travelling for a one day event can be difficult we think it has to be the Cotswolds/Midlands/Derbyshire areas. We are also thinking moors, lakes, rivers, scenic etc. would be a good mix for both the ā€˜camera shipsā€™ and some FPV fun.

So can you please indicate your interest, availability and suggestions for a venue in some posts below, after seeing the level of interest weā€™ll move onto organizing the finer details.

Looking forward to it already :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Interested, if the location is doableā€¦ Based in Manchester but can travel a bitā€¦

As to venueā€™s, no idea, but happy to go with the flowā€¦

if iā€™m not pissed might be ok see how the weather is.

Gonna have to miss this - dropped on my my new year to work (again) :frowning:

Interested. New yearā€™s day at thr cooling towers was good last time.

Great idea guys! I will have to see nearer the time if I can make it but Im definitely coming as long as the Mrs hasnā€™t arranged to go to any family gatherings :+1:t2:

1 Like

I live in ā€œlittle Scotlandā€, New Yearā€™s Day is but a blurry mist, saying no moreā€¦.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Jesting aside, if I can, I willā€¦

@Steviegeek I missed the 2022 meeting :wink:

Durrr Iā€™m an idiotā€¦ Thanks for the correction Wayne :laughing: :laughing:

I should be ok :ok_hand:

I should be OK for this again, as long as I donā€™t have to squeeze through the gap at the cooling towers!

I should be good to attend this :+1:t2:

Iā€™ve not seen many suggestions for locations for a ā€˜New Year Meetā€™ so thought Iā€™d try to kick it off with this poll
You can vote for a maximum of three and weā€™ll see which are the most popular
Poll will close on Christmas Eve at 10:00 or earlier depending on how much Southern Comfort has been consumed :tumbler_glass: :laughing:

Information on the sites can be found in the links below

• Matlock Bando
  • Chesterfield Bando
  • Bennerley Viaduct and Country Park
  • Vicar Water Country Park / Clipstone Colliery
  • Woburn Sands Wood and Bando, Milton Keynes
  • Clee Hill Ruins, Shropshire
  • Ipswitch Bando
  • Brickworks Bando, Halifax
  • Nottingham Bando, Bulwell
0 voters

Matlock Bando
///overture.seeing.basin

Chesterfield Bando
///serious.frock.aquatics

Bennerley Viaduct and Country Park
(suit cine and FPV drones)
///spine.pillow.copper

Vicar Water Country Park / Clipstone Colliery
///graphic.shortcuts.positive
///dairies.elections.entrust

Woburn Sands Wood and Bando
///eggs.label.storeroom

Clee Hill Ruins
///pretty.needed.chill

Ipswitch Bando
//plants.powder.pounds

Brickworks Bando, Halifax
//metals.nuns.acting

nothing south of the M4 in the list !!! Even Milton Keynes, the nearest , is 2.5 hr drive for us southerners

Well, you should have put a suggestion in then, shouldnā€™t you :man_shrugging:t3:
No point whingeing now :grinning:

1 Like

Brutal :laughing:

1 Like

Why not earn your very own facilitator badge and organise a meet that is South of the M4? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I drove more than that to get to Brean Sands!

1 Like

not been a member very long so still trying to work out how things work. Seems like a very harsh reply, it looks like you had put the list together for the poll. Sorry if my observation annoyed you

David

2 Likes