North West 2nd Informal Drone Meet and Fly...Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th October - WIGG ISLAND - 9AM

Gutted I had to cut short this morning due to technical/hardware issues. On the plus side, I’ve managed to rescue the photos I took, on the downside, seems my SD cards are shot :unamused:

6 Likes

What cards are you using?

Sandisk Extreme PRO, 128GB A2

Thanks, Mother in Law collapsed in her bathroom, she has an alarm around her neck so we get altered. Paramedics turned up.
So, after charging 3 batteries for my new Mini 4, I couldn’t go this morning. Anyway she seems OK. Looks a good place to fly, hope you all had a good morning. See you on the next one.

4 Likes

Glad you managed to get your footage after all that time flying

1 Like

Great fun photos :blush:

1 Like

really good meet today, thanks for suggesting and setting it up Susanna @AlbionDrones and Lee @dobby

weather was brilliant (very little wind, bit of sun)

great to meet everyone, sorry not good with names but it was great to meet and see some new faces.

good location for another meet, easy parking, great landing platform, no mud, cold be
good for a winter meet?

I need a bit more manual mode practice but once I set the goggles on auto I got decent range again

4 Likes

Awesome, love them, great!!

Sorry to hear the cards are done, but great shots…

Nice to meet you all, arrived very late compared to most of you!

Few pics, need to get more time with the mini 4 to get the best from it.

7 Likes

Thanks all for coming along, 10 of us in total on the Sunday and 4 on the Saturday alternate day, if my maths is correct - please correct me if I miss anyone from the list, apologies to @Thompson and @Kvetner for not remembering your first names, I am useless with names, especially when meeting multiple people - I think I did well just to remember the forum usernames!

Lots of cracking footage to play with this week now, will post once editing is done :slight_smile:

Attendees at a rather pleasant, sunny and still meet up at Wigg Island - a great and quiet location with only a coffee shop and loos missing - and perhaps a sign needed on the road hump, I think that caught quite a few of us out!

Sunday 8th
Suzanne @AlbionDrones
Lee @dobby
Nicol @Banjonic
Eric @jcbdriver
Robert @robertspark
Dave @Darwinsdad
Andy @Andy_B
Allan @Aljebu
@kvetner
@Thompson

Saturday 7th
Wayne @SparkyFPV
Phil @piplindley
Nicol @Banjonic
Eric @jcbdriver

Can someone please add the socialite badges for everyone?

A really great location, thanks @Thompson for suggesting it and @MickBlue for seconding it…

Perhaps a place to visit on the 3rd December when 4 of the cooling towers at Fiddlers Ferry Power Station are due to come dowen - between 8am and 1200 - Date set for demolition of iconic towers at Fiddler's Ferry - Cheshire Live

2 Likes

Just a quick message to thank you for being so welcoming this morning, from the guy without a drone :rofl:. It was really great to meet up with you all and watch you enjoy your hobby. Particular thanks to the lady (I’m bad with names) who was brave enough to let me have a short flight of her drone and all others who offered. It was great chatting and receiving all your tips and recommendations.
Some great photos too.
I’m also going to have to learn how to add the usernames into my messages

4 Likes

Bridge photos from the day over here. I suspect there are a lot of very similar bridge photos!

3 Likes

Many thanks for organising it!

2 Likes

Paul here (Thompson) I had a great time this morning - first meet for me - lovely chatting and meeting you all - I learned a lot.

• awesome watching the Air3s in the air - totally envious of the telephoto lens!

It is going to cost me a bit of money now lol - air3 (thanks Suzanne!) and a DJI Pocket 2 (thanks Nicol!)

On the way home I did a recce further along the road. If you want close up shots of the Silver Jubilee Bridge there’s parking and easy TOAL at
Truck.prompting.thank. Max height 60m
Would suit a couple of discrete flyers but maybe not a group meet.

Thanks Robert for the go with the goggles - really interesting way of flying.

1 Like

And thank you for coming along, was good to meet you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alan you did brilliantly for your first time on a drone and I am really pleased you had an enjoyable time :blush:

3 Likes

We had a great time, thanks for organising :blush:

1 Like

No worries, as I said you could also have had a go with our MINI3 Pro…

Hope you are better informed to make your purchasing decision, let us know what you choose to get :slight_smile:

Hope to see you at the next meet!

1 Like