The development of Drone Scene continues!

Can we have an FPV category? Where people can add good locations for FPV freestyle like Bando’s or good spots away from dog walkers that are not necessarily great for photography drones but have lots of obstacles and trees to fly around for FPV pilots? That would be awesome :grin:

1 Like

If you can guarantee us at least ten locations will be added to that category within 7 days of it being created, then yes, you’ve got a deal :+1:t2:

You don’t have to add them all yourself, you can seek help from other members :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if Open Street Map has topography data available, I’ll see what I can find out.

This is actually by design, to keep things compact on the Drone Scene site.

The issue with formatting is more apparent inside the map pin info balloon, we don’t have much screen real estate to play with, especially on mobile.

I’ll experiment honouring the formatting in the main description and keeping a compact description in the map pin balloon.

Will get back to you in due course.

Thanks for the continued support from everyone who is populating the map, we’re at over SIX HUNDRED locations now :clap:t2:

Keep the feature requests coming!

2 Likes

Being new to FPV myself I wouldn’t be able guarantee ten locations in 7 days. Unless @notveryprettyboy @anon34183503 or any of the other FPV guys would be able to help add locations. Might start a separate thread in the FPV section asking for locations and if we get 10 I’ll get back to you :+1:t2:

1 Like

Sure thing :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I just added a new location (https://dronescene.co.uk/where-to-fly-drone/dukes-meadows/london/870) but on that site it gets a bit mangled (Newlines removed, URLs just appear as text, no hyperlink).
It also seems like whilst it copies the contents to this site and edits can be made to the forum entry on this site, I see no way to make edits to the entry on dronescene.co.uk

I also see no way to add a “Not Allowed” marker to the map - in some ways this is as important as being able to add an “Allowed” marker, to save people from falling foul of the law.

Am a developer myself (Although web dev is not my forte), so am happy to pitch in with attempting to improve the system

I’ve moved your post to this thread @evilC

There was a request recently (scroll up a few posts) to look at the formatting, which we will do in the next update.

Only for the first fifteen minutes of your forum post, after which you can’t edit anything on the forum. Hence there is no edit functionality available on Drone Scene. If you spot an issue with a location, hit the report button, we’ll make any edits for you :+1:t2:

Drone Scene is a map of places you can fly, we’d like to keep it that way :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback, keep all the suggestions coming everyone!

1 Like

Respectfully, I disagree. You already have red areas (eg around airports), so why not let users submit their own red areas?

Because our members don’t control the airspace :man_shrugging:

The layers you see on the map which contain FRZs are defined by the CAA and provided to us in real-time. If you’re aware of an airspace restriction that’s missing, please do let them know. If they add your airspace restriction it will appear in Drone Scene instantly.

4 Likes

You can fly in the airport areas, with permission, and I struggle to think of anywhere that would not be the case. Adding made-up no-fly areas would just add confusion.

6 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Council byelaws (again !)

Not sure if this is sensible or not. The option to upload a kml file for dronescene to show where the drone had flown overlayed on the map of where it shouldn’t be flown.
I sometimes fly along the coast where the west coast mainline is close to the shore. I’m sure I’ve not flown too close and I thought it’d be nice to check.
Earth is good, shows the tracks but doesn’t show the restrictions of dronescene.
It could also be used to check flight paths before uploading to YouTube :joy:

What’s happened to dronescene.co.uk? Launched from the android shortcut and it goes to an intro, scroll down for a map and keep scrolling to the list of forum entries.

Checked further, I wasn’t signed in and on android chrome it showed the desktop version. Selected & deselected desktop mode, no different but having realised what was going in, managed to login.

Thank’s for reporting an issue. We’ll look into it. :+1:

1 Like

Android or iOS? Which browser?

Android chrome, standard chrome browser not beta, etc.

1 Like

I’m getting the same. Will need @PingSpike to work his magic. :+1:

All the time I’ve remained logged in to GA. Use dronescene every few days and it’s just started happening. The burger menu is way way over to the right.

1 Like

Should be OK now?

2 Likes

It is

1 Like

Any chance of a google satellite button? So we can see the real layout of the land? Or is it a google contract sort of affair.