The GADC Great Wall of Fame - 2024 - Round 1 - Closed

@group-challenges
So here is the place to post your pictures for round 1. Please try to keep this thread for pictures only, any discussion you want to have can be done at:
The Discussion Thread
This includes any critique, advice, or insights you may want to offer on any entries, or indeed how you would like the challenge to progress. Please be aware though, we are looking for constructive criticism. Any blatant slagging off? We’ll send Tafo round to sort you out, so please try to keep it polite and on point.

And so, onto the all important rules. Please try to read them before entering to save yourself (and us) any headaches, it’s pretty straight forward.

Entry is open to all forum members and associates.
You can submit up to 3 still pictures in each round, the subject or theme is entirely up to you.
All entries must be taken in the timeframe for that round and not be published anywhere else or entered for any other competition BEFORE this one. In other words, we want you to take the photos especially for us.
Entries must clearly be from a drone in flight.
No swaps, once you have posted an entry, it stays. So, please make sure the picture you’re about to upload is the correct one, as it will NOT be changed.
Editing is confined to colour, exposure and cropping. Absolutely no removal or addition of objects.
When making an entry please include the time, date, and drone used.
Supporting evidence may be requested. Feel free to include any other useful or interesting information.
And finally, all drone flights remain the sole responsibility of the flyer. Please act responsibly and remain within your countries or regions laws at all times.

So it’s over to you guys, but not before the bell dings and dongs to bring in the new year.

4 Likes

Due to the weather (I don’t like the cold) I have done very little in launching the drone - however I felt I should make an entry :disguised_face:

Getting through the Arch

7th January 2024 - time 10:33 am Mavic Air 2

Loch Garry, Dalnaspidal as the sun was setting. Taken on the Mini2 around 15:30 on 12th January, and just a few hundred metres away from the geographical centre of Scotland. And yes, it was fekin freezing!!! I hung around and done a 600 shot timelapse in -5 with no gloves or hat as some idiot left them at home :sob:

5 Likes

My Entry:

CBS Arena in Coventry.

Taken 26th January around 2pm with the DJI Mini 4 Pro.

:grin: :face_with_peeking_eye:

If you’ll accept another late entry for Round 1, this is mine.

Low winter sun lighting the sea spray over the cliffs at Dunbeath

Taken with a DJI Mini 4 Pro. January 1st, 2024 at a little after 1pm.

1 Like

Dji mavic 3 classic
Glastonbury tor sunrise

2 Likes

Crofton beam engines Wiltshire
Dji mavic 3 classic
around @ midday

2 Likes

Quarry @ mendip somerset
Dji mavic 3 classic
midday ish

1 Like

Sinfin sunset ( looking towards Willington) 19th Jan 2024

Rossall Point & Fleetwood golf club, 14/01, DJI Air 2

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Stonehenge
26th Jan 2024 - Approx 3pm
DJI Mini 4 Pro

Birnbeck Pier, Weston-super-Mare

28/01/2024 - 13:40
DJI Mini 2.

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Lenny Barn Fields

27/01/2024
12:59
mini 4 pro

You are allowed 3 entries Paul, please don’t make this your only one?

Unfortunately it is , not managed to get out with the drones due to the weather :frowning_face:

Another two from me…both using a DJI Air 2

Cleveleys sea defence works underway, 17/01/24

Wyre Estuary looking North towards Fleetwood, around low tide 17/01/24

These are my 2 entries for this Jan/Feb 7th section of the competition.

Taken in Campbell Park Milton Keynes on 10/01/24 between 1pm and 2pm.
Mini 3 Pro.
The feature in the bottom left of the photo is the Light Pyramid which is still lit for special occasions. It was first lit to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee on 04/06/2012. You can also see the sheep that are allowed to graze in parts of the park, and the MK Rose about 240m from the Light Pyramid.

The second photo features the MK Rose which was created for celebration, contemplation and commemoration.

1 Like

My three entries, all shot on 07/01/24 with Mavic 3 Classic.

Rannoch Moor.

Glencoe.

Loch Lomond.

1 Like

My Entries… Not the absolute best quality as I can find a way to save a picture from DaVinci, so had to screen capture it from YT… Still, its taking part that matters…

Manchester Ship Canal - January Sunset…

Snowy Partington

I can do better… Hmm, perhaps I need to use the drone for more photography as well as video…

1 Like

Edited by @Steviegeek

@OzoneVibe
Dave, can you help? I would expect DaVi to be able to save a screenshot :man_shrugging:
Thanks