The Daily Photo Thread

Normally you see a field of sheep but here in Somerset we have fields of Swans :swan:

11 Likes

See you put your "signet"ure on there, see what i did there :swan: :taxi:

4 Likes

Get your coat

giphy

1 Like

RTF Windmill flight
Targeted 2 local windmills today only a short drive from home , not quite as impressive as the entries already submitted but I will have to choose the best from my morning out.
wasn’t concentrating on composition much as there was a flight problem , 2 weeks ago my son borrowed and crashed my baby , ended up in a tree and when he managed to dislodge it she fell to the ground and the upper cover was damaged in a couple of places , he tested it and said all was well and ordered a replacement cover which I am waiting to arrive , However when I did this test flight today the reverse function wouldn’t operate so photography really wasn’t my priority more interested in flight safety, I have since noticed reverse works in sport mode so I’m assuming a sensor problem ? further investigation required

Whitburn Windmill Sunderland

Fulwell Windmill Sunderland

11 Likes

Another day out, 4 counties and 7 sites. Wifey made me do all my chores first though :unamused:

Folly Tower, Faringdon

Segsbury Camp

Savernake Forest

The Long Barrow at All Cannings

Long Stones Long Barrow

Adam and Eve Stones

Avebury Henge

16 Likes

I am a big Heavy Metal fan :wink:

14 Likes

Here’s the door :arrow_right: :door: :joy: if you don’t mind closing it on your way out :+1: :rofl:

Naburn Lock near York this morning.

2.5 degrees below, no issues with the Mini 2

Check out the heron under flying me

23 Likes

Wow they are stunning Chris

2 Likes

Wow, beautiful shots Chris @milkmanchris , the colours and detail are stunning. Particularly like the first one, especially the reflections of the clouds and you even captured the reflection of the heron :clap: :clap: :clap:

Little bit of snapseed magic ;o)

1 Like

Aka HDR’d the fuck out of it! :rofl:

1 Like

Straight from the card

5 Likes

Awesome image, I need to get me a mini 2 lol my mavic mini has range issues lol

Looks awesome, nice job! Very dramatic sky

1 Like

Got my first proper flight in with my new mini 2. Always wanted to get up close-ish to a windmill and get some shots and the weather was perfect but a little late in the day for lighting. Here’s the result, edited in LR to look a bit prettier lol.

11 Likes

That was your first proper flight, balls of steel! :joy:

:joy: I had a spark before this so have a little experience but the mini 2 is on a whole other level (minus the tracking feature :frowning: )!

1 Like

@milkmanchris … Hi Chris, they say “the camera never lies” …but I’ve taken photos of brilliant looking sky’s and the images have been disappointing …was the human eye view of this scene more spectacular than your “straight from the card” image