2018 Pano Challenge

The Grey Arrows Drone Club are pleased to announce the next in a series of Challenges!

Here’s your chance to win a super rare, exclusive badge to grace your Profile page! Haven’t heard of GADC’s awesome awards? Check out our announcement regarding Badges, Awards and Challenges.

Welcome to the ‘2018 Pano Challenge’.

The objective is simple: Enter up to a maximum of five Panos (Panoramas / Panoramic photographs) taken during the allotted challenge time frame (approx. five weeks).

For our first ever Pano Challenge there is no specific theme - simply use your imagination. Do try to be innovative though, this is a Challenge remember!

(Future Pano challenges may be themed)

You may enter any combination of:

• 360° panos hosted on Kuula (Example)
    – Please embed them (How-to guide (please ask for help if you get stuck))

• 360° panos taken using Hangar360 (Example)
    – Simply post the link here

• Tiny Planet / Spherical panos (Example)
    – Upload the photo here

• Wide angle / stitched panos (Example)
    – Upload the photo here

• Asteroid shots (Example)
    – Simply post the link here

The winner will be the person who’s Pano is judged (by the Grey Arrows Drone Club Committee) to be the best.

We have three awards available for you to win in our challenge. They are:

1st Place Winner - Gold Trophy

2nd Place Winner - Silver Trophy

3rd Place Winner - Bronze Trophy

The rules and small print for this challenge are as follows:

• You must post your Pano photos or Asteroid videos to this thread in order for it to be eligible (feel free to also post / duplicate it in the #media:photos or #media:videos categories if you wish).

• This challenge is open from 25th November 2018 to 30th December 2018, the closing date. Media posted to this thread outside of these dates will not be eligible. Your panos must have been captured between these dates

• You must tell us where the pano was geographically located (the town name, for example)

• Media must be shot using your drone while it is flying

• Entries must be taken within the guidelines of the Drone Code

• You may submit up to 5 panos

• The judges will rank all the challenge submissions (without reference to one another) and the judges rankings for each entry will be added together, and these totals themselves will be ranked

• Where an entrant submits more than one entry, only their highest scoring entry will progress and be considered to determine final positions in the challenge. Only their highest scoring entry will be eligible for being awarded a badge

• The winner will be the entry with the highest total rank

• The member whose entry ranks highest will be deemed the winner and that member will be awarded the exclusive 1st Place Gold Trophy. The member whose entry ranks the second highest will be awarded the 2nd Place Silver Trophy and the member whose entry ranks third highest will be awarded the 3rd Place Bronze Trophy

• In the event of a tie at any position the Grey Arrows Drone Club Committee reserve the right to declare an outright winner at that position

2 Likes

Winners’ Gallery

First Place - 2018 Pano Challenge Winner - Gold Badge Winner

@BrianB - Link to entry.

Second Place - 2018 Pano Challenge Winner - Silver Badge Winner

@milkmanchris - Link to entry.

Third Place - 2018 Pano Challenge Winner - Bronze Badge Winner

@leeheyes - Link to entry.

Thanks Dave, entry confirmed :+1:t2:

You may submit up to four more :slight_smile:

1 Like

1st go at an 'Interactive’ Pano…

I’m stood in a field in the dark below - freezing my bits off.

5 Likes

Share->Ebedded->HTML - double-click then copy the link it creates

Edit: Looks like you’re mouse highlighting - you get funny code for the < and the >

Either edit, or try double clicking to highlight - which tends to work better.

BINGO!!! :+1: :+1: Good’n!

That was exactly the problem - it wasn’t pasting what I was copying - hopped it through notepad - an Ta Daa!

1 Like

Using Kuula for your 360??

Take a look at the How-to notes here …

And I’ll repeat this bit ……

Note:

• For whatever reason, sometimes, when the HTML is highlighted by dragging the mouse over it (or selected by highlighting on a mobile device), the pasted HTML has <iframe and /iframe> modified to &lt;iframe and /iframe&gt;. So these need to be edited.

• Double-clicking a mouse on the HTML to highlight it avoids this - but ads a " ’ " at the beginning and end that need deleting.

• Ensure that the opening “<” starts a new line without any spaces in front.

2 Likes

I read that… just not to the bottom of the post :roll_eyes:
Not sure if it looks better as a globe - so I’ll enter both :smiley:

4 Likes

Just double reminding others as they get to posting. :wink:

We don’t have a badge for a Night-time Pano … if there was one, you would have been the first person to get it. I’m pretty sure yours are the first. Congrats for that!

1 Like

Can we have one for - ‘Didn’t get mugged in a field in the dark’ ?

2 Likes

Errrr …… No. :wink:

Which drone did you use for those?

1 Like

:sob:

M2 Zoom

1 Like

Impressed! :+1:

Lots of goes to get something that didn’t look awful…
Good job I’m a man of Many batteries now :wink:

Just hooked up the laptop to the TV and put it up there in full-screen. Looks superb!

Many thanks :+1: , if there’s any merit in these shots - it’s 95% down to the M2 and 4% luck and 1% down to putting hand warmers inside my fingerless gloves :wink:

A lot of it is actually getting out there (getting cold) and having a go!

3 Likes

Great entries @DTH mate, I love the tiny planet!

1 Like